Speaker Recommendations

Duane719

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 99 Tacoma ext cab with a 12 in jl in the back. Stock speaker sizes are 5.25 two in front two in the back. I got some Kenwood's but theyre blown already , mids are horrible . Looking for recommendations.. my stereo is always on full blast , need some speakers that will sound good mids and highs and last.

I have a 99 Tacoma ext cab with a 12 in jl in the back. Stock speaker sizes are 5.25 two in front two in the back. I got some Kenwood's but theyre blown already , mids are horrible . Looking for recommendations.. my stereo is always on full blast , need some speakers that will sound good mids and highs and last.
Ps- not trying to spend 600$ on focals lol

I love my stereo integrity mk25 mkII tweeters paired with my silverflute mids.

4 of these in stock locations

With whatever tweeter you like.

I don't know how you are powering them or setting crossover points though but the silverflute 5.5s should play 80hz-3500hz fairly smooth and most tweeters will easily play 3500hz and up.

What are you powering the speakers with amps or head unit?
Do you need passive speakers or do you got a processor?
How much you want to spend?
Do you plan on treating your doors? If they are not done already..

Sounds like you need some power up front rather than regular HU power. Id run an amplifier.Front and rear speakers for the Money. Amp and Install kit tat Id recommend. I chose another set of components that sound really nice in the 5.25 size that I like as well. Other than that. Id look at some Polk MM or DB series. But an amplifier id recommend on all speakers to get them cleaner and less distortion tuned properly and should get fairly loud in that truck cabin.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...