speaker playing with positive disconnected?

Participant count
  • Participant list
When you disconnect speaker wires unhook both leads, not just one side. You shouldn't have been hearing the speakers since there wasn't a closed circuit for the voltage to travel, but I have heard of passive crossovers making audible sounds. It's a theory but if you had the crossovers hooked up that may be the source of the tone you heard.

When you disconnect speaker wires unhook both leads, not just one side. You shouldn't have been hearing the speakers since there wasn't a closed circuit for the voltage to travel, but I have heard of passive crossovers making audible sounds. It's a theory but if you had the crossovers hooked up that may be the source of the tone you heard.
Ur saying the crossover was making the tone? It sounds impossible but u might be right because I put my ears to each speaker and none sounded closer to the noise. That's weird. So I shouldn't be worried about a short somewhere?

Ur saying the crossover was making the tone? It sounds impossible but u might be right because I put my ears to each speaker and none sounded closer to the noise. That's weird. So I shouldn't be worried about a short somewhere?
No, if you had a short the amplifier would have gone into protect mode.

No, if you had a short the amplifier would have gone into protect mode.
My amp going into protection mode is a nightmare I been trying to deal with the past year. I wanna fix it but im so fed up with it that I don't even wanna think about it for a couple days. I feel like its some girl im just so sick of lol.

My amp going into protection mode is a nightmare I been trying to deal with the past year. I wanna fix it but im so fed up with it that I don't even wanna think about it for a couple days. I feel like its some girl im just so sick of lol.
Post a picture of your amplifier ground connection.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.