Speaker Downgrade: Need Opinions

Participant count
  • Participant list

WillyG4444
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ridgewood
Well, in my previous car I had a set of CDT HD62 components in the front which I absolutely loved. From the mids to the tweeters they were just really enjoyable to listen to. However, my new car still has the stock components. I'll be wanting to purchase a set of 6.5" components and I'll be going passive. Problem is that I'm trying to save money now and I don't have enough money to afford speakers on par with the CDT HD62 comps that I was used to.

So, basically I'm working with about a $100 - 120 budget. I was thinking of using the CDT CL61 (I think that's the right model number) components, but there seems to be some mixed reviews. I want decent mids to keep up with an ED B312 sub which is being powered by ~1000w. I'm a fan of silk dome tweeters, and I hate harsh tweeters.

So opinions would be great, but I'm not ready to go along with the PG RSD hype, and I'm skeptical about the clarity of the pioneer Revs. Prove me otherwise. Opinions from people who have heard higher end comps and lower priced comps would be great.

Thanks a bunch.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.