Speaker Discussion & Philosophy

Ok, so I need to know from the guys that know what they know - what would your arguements be in a 'CDT Audio vs Rockford Fosgate' debate?

The best stuff we get localy in my country is considered Rockford Fosgate and no one has ever heard of CDT Audio. CDT comes out more expensive than Rockford and I need some help in justifying this!

Any help/input is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Thats the impression I get - but I need to know why is that so //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Im selling the CDT range now locally and people want to know why they should pay more for CDT Audio (unknown to them) instead of getting the cheaper RF (hailed as the all mighty, divine and ruler of the sound world ... basically :p).

from cdtaudio.com

CDTAUDIO PRODUCTS
The speakers in any system establish the basis for the quality of sound. After all, if the speakers themselves aren't of the best quality by design -the music, no matter how pure, will get lost in the transfer. Good speaker engineering doesn't happen by accident. The CDT drivers are no exception. The first aspect to examine is the moving parts of the speaker. The cone, spider, surround, and voice coil. The cone of the CDT midrange drivers is made of a light, yet rigid, carbon treated paper.

It's made with a special Compound Curve design to allow for the proprietary CDT or Contoured Dispersion Technology that is unique to the CDT System drivers. Besides the special cone design, the drivers also use highly damped butyl rubber surrounds to reduce vibration from the frame, as well as allow for precise and linear excursion of the cone. At the bottom of the cone is the other suspension component, the spider. We use a flat spider design to allow for more precise movement and return of the aluminum voice coil assemblies during critical transients, especially in the midrange band. CDT-6

In fact, our midrange speakers are so efficient, they can play much higher into the midrange frequencies than almost ANY OTHER CAR SPEAKER! Smooth response to 7kHz - 6 1/2 octave!

This makes the blend between the midrange and the Tweeter seem almost transparent because it's beyond the troubled range of 2- 4kHz where most systems are plagued with phasing problems between both speakers at the crossover point.

The CDT drivers also have an equally impressive number of non-moving parts - the frame, magnet, and top plate.

The frame is made from a magnetically resistant cast aluminum which has both unparalleled strength and heat dissipation capabilities.

The top plate design, along with the precision ground, grain-oriented barium ferrite magnet assemblies, keep the electrical energy focused in a controlled area of the magnetic gap. All of these things help keep the precise movements of the cone linear and correct.

These help to create the Contoured Dispersion Technology that makes such an audible difference, producing unrivaled midrange that is engineered just for your car - certainly one of the toughest challenges of any car speaker system.

The CDT Tweeters are also unique. They are a 25 mm (1") silk dome design with a neodymium magnet and ferrofluid filled voice coil gap to give sound and power handling that typically requires a much larger speaker.

This, along with the unique "Phase Perfect" 60 dB. high-definition passive crossovers and the extended midrange response of the midrange drivers, provides a Tweeter that is sweet sounding, yet powerful - in a small, unobtrusive package.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.