Speaker and amplifier wiring help

Participant count
  • Participant list

ntlazarus

Hi everyone. I have a Kicker amplifier (100 W RMS x 4 @ 2 ohms or 50 W x 4 @ 4 ohms). I would like to power a set of 25 W 3.5” dash speakers, a pair of 100 W Clarion 6x9s in the front doors, and a set of 75 W 6.5” Kicker coaxials in the back door. I currently have the 3.5” and 6x9s on the front 2 channels in series. I’m assuming that since they are wired in series, each channel is running at 8 ohms with each speaker receiving a lot less power than they can handle. I thought about powering the 3.5” and 6.5” rear door speakers together, since I don’t use the fade, though this probably won’t be a huge improvement. Does anyone have any advice on the best way to wire these speakers to achieve the best power output and sound quality? Is there a way to power speakers differently when connected to the same channel? I’m also open to changing the amplifier at a later stage. Thanks for any advice.

Hi everyone. I have a Kicker amplifier (100 W RMS x 4 @ 2 ohms or 50 W x 4 @ 4 ohms). I would like to power a set of 25 W 3.5” dash speakers, a pair of 100 W Clarion 6x9s in the front doors, and a set of 75 W 6.5” Kicker coaxials in the back door. I currently have the 3.5” and 6x9s on the front 2 channels in series. I’m assuming that since they are wired in series, each channel is running at 8 ohms with each speaker receiving a lot less power than they can handle. I thought about powering the 3.5” and 6.5” rear door speakers together, since I don’t use the fade, though this probably won’t be a huge improvement. Does anyone have any advice on the best way to wire these speakers to achieve the best power output and sound quality? Is there a way to power speakers differently when connected to the same channel? I’m also open to changing the amplifier at a later stage. Thanks for any advice.
If it were me..I would use ch 1&2 /front to power up the 6x9s and use ch. 3 &4 for rear speakers and forget about the 3.5s temp, until you get a small amplifier to split off of ch 1&2 to power those up, or off HU with a Bass cap . I feel like You will end up blowing those 3.5s hooked up at the 2 ohm load off either front or rear

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.