Spare Tire Well Sub Enclosure

Participant count
  • Participant list

desastrux
10+ year member

Atlanta
Hey everyone, so I was wondering about a hidden sub Enclosure in the spare tire well. Is it possible to one built? I am getting a Hyundai Veloster, and it doesn't come with a spare tire, just some tire inflator and other emergency stuff.

It has a factory installed sub in the trunk wall, but I know this plastic enclosure won't do an aftermarket sub justice.

So I was wondering, if it is possible, how much would I be looking at to have it built?

Done right it requires a good bit of fiberglass and a few bucks worth of wood. It's really going to depend on how cheap you can find fiberglass mat and resin.

Is there anywhere I could have this done at? If not, how do you think a Sundown Audio SA 8v.2 would sound in the factory enclosure? Would it be worth it?

Is there anywhere I could have this done at? If not, how do you think a Sundown Audio SA 8v.2 would sound in the factory enclosure? Would it be worth it?
I will bet 20 bucks it wont fit... Like I said look look at doing something with a Sono tube and Aero ports if you have enough room to port...

I will bet 20 bucks it wont fit... Like I said look look at doing something with a Sono tube and Aero ports if you have enough room to port...
I don't have the slightest clue about how to build an enclosure, so this would be pretty hard for me to do, unless its an easy job. Would be easier to one built for me.

I don't have the slightest clue about how to build an enclosure, so this would be pretty hard for me to do, unless its an easy job. Would be easier to one built for me.
Im sure one of the box builders on this site could work something out if you give them your max dimensions...

Let me do some looking around to get an idea of how the back of that car is laid out. May be something the can be done with out the car in front of us. If so, then yep any online builder that will do go work can do it. If it requires a molded into car fiberglass then nope, no one will want to do it unless the car is right in front of them. However, if you want to do a more simple enclosure then almost any online builder could work around size limitations for the most part.

Let me do some looking around to get an idea of how the back of that car is laid out. May be something the can be done with out the car in front of us. If so, then yep any online builder that will do go work can do it. If it requires a molded into car fiberglass then nope, no one will want to do it unless the car is right in front of them. However, if you want to do a more simple enclosure then almost any online builder could work around size limitations for the most part.
Well i dont want to use the factory enclosure, and the best place would be in the tire well. Now if thats not possible then maybe would have to change that. There is a place about 3 hours from me that does fiberglass enclosures, so that may be an option if have to. I have a lil while before this is gonna get done anyways, so i can figure it out

If a more simple enclosure would work, that would be more ideal. But i dont know if it could

They have a ton of room in the back, but since in the US they don't come with a spare tire it is very common for people to drop a sub/amp in that area.

Yea, that is what i am looking to do. I just dont know how to get the enclosure built, if noone online can. I need to figure out the depth of the tire well, to determine what size sub.

If i dont get it in the tire well, what would be the best enclosure for the sa 8v.2? I dont want it to take a ton of room up. The sub/enclosure i have in my current car moves around all over my trunk which is really annoying sometimes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.