space too small....?

Originally posted by madshoe ^^ How about reverse mounting the subs? Wouldn't that free up some extra space?

How would the sound compare?

-Alberto

if the sub is inverted, you gain the sub displacement amount and there has been no reported "improvement" in quality or quantity.

Originally posted by Jmac The Punch is underrated by around 20% and the Power is underrated by 40-50% ...
Unfortunately, not anymore. I have a 2002 model Punch 500s - it's underrated by a whopping 3%. Rated power 500 watts, birth sheet max power, 513 watts.

The 360.2 is quite underrated, however - you are correct. It's actually MORE powerful than the 500s - birth sheet is 539 watts max power.

But this does solidify my point somewhat - in a too-small enclosure, output generally *****. No way should I have felt the need to crank the gains - they should've been set at halfway with great results. But even maxxed out, the sub output was crappy. All the fault of the box.

~HH

what if i seal one of the holes and just put one 12" sub? would that double the space? assuming the chambers are not separated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.