Space between MDF baffle and door

lotas
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hey guys. Well in between my MDF baffle for my speaker, and my door, there are a couple spots with a little space. I'm not sure how essential it is to get these plugged up, but I would imagine it is best to. My quesiton is what kind of material can I use to do this?

My first thought was resin but I know there is a less messy way. My second idea was someting like clay and play-doh, but how would I get those to stay with swing in temperatures and such, it seems like it might fall off or something.

So any ideas guys? Or do I even need to? Thanks a lot.

edit: found something about clay in the sound deadening thread...where can you pick that up? or any other alternatives? thanks.

someone reccomend Great Stuff (if you don't know what that is, its the expanding foam that hardens...comes in a spray can) and I have that in my garage, so I think that would work best because some of the gaps are too big for silicone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.