Soundstream Tarantula 15 INCH T5.152 ported box help

Participant count
  • Participants list
so if i do this the port dimensions will be 16h x 4w x 32l ? this is my first ever box build so im quite new to this. im planning on adding 45s wedges for bracing will this still = to a 4cubic feet box tuned@32hz? im using 3/4 mdf wood btw

use those dimensions with a double baffel with a port 4" wide and 32" long..
so if i do this the port dimensions will be 16h x 4w x 32l ? this is my first ever box build so im quite new to this. im planning on adding 45s wedges for bracing will this still = to a 4cubic feet box tuned@32hz? im using 3/4 mdf wood btw

Where you get 16? What car you have? What amp you have? Can you find any parameters on the woofer?

Shoot for 3.5- 4 cubes tuned to 32. I used to run the T5-12s when I as sponsored by Soundstream.

RE AUDIO - Box Calculator

hi, i want to build the best box i can for my sub. Soundstream recommend a 4ft^3 sub box. i want it tuned at 32hz, can anyone send me a blueprint or how would i go to design it.
what i got to work with:

H= 17

W=38

D=19

Thanks

Where you get 16? What car you have? What amp you have? Can you find any parameters on the woofer?
i meant 15.5** sorry i substracted 1.5'' because of the 0.75 '' of mdf top and bottom so i would substract 1.5'' from my height right to get the port height? my amp is a soundstream t1.4000dl (2000 watts rms@1ohm)

my car is a 2007 ford focus hatchback se (zx5 chassis) i might have to do mods to my back seat because my seats are on a angle and the height of the box may be to tall. and here is links to the parameters of the subwoofer (copy & paste the url):

http://www.soundstream.com/manuals/2007/t5.pdf

http://soundstream.com/manuals/AMP/Tarantula-T5.pdf

take a picture of the rear area you have to work with so i can get an idea of the space you have to work with.

That sub needs a BIG *** box! id recommend at-least 4 cubes closer to 5 for optimum. at this point Id go with a single 6" areo-port its going to save you space and have less resistance vs the slot port.

FYI soundstream is taking my techniques.. good job guys..

note the two different links you gave are for two different subs. one needs a SMALL box the other needs a LARGE box. i assumed that you have the driver in this link because of the box you stated you needed..

take a picture of the rear area you have to work with so i can get an idea of the space you have to work with.That sub needs a BIG *** box! id recommend at-least 4 cubes closer to 5 for optimum. at this point Id go with a single 6" areo-port its going to save you space and have less resistance vs the slot port.

FYI soundstream is taking my techniques.. good job guys..

note the two different links you gave are for two different subs. one needs a SMALL box the other needs a LARGE box. i assumed that you have the driver in this link because of the box you stated you needed..

Thanks for keeping in touch man really appreciate it. As im only 17, the areo port isnt an option because i spent the last of my money of 2 sheets of mdf. and yes youre right thats the driver i have^ . Heres a pic of my trunk 2007 Ford Focus ZX5 SES Hatchback Trunk Photo #49275341 | GTCarLot.com

any tips/advice/further info will be greatly appreciated. If i have to il take out the back seats. i really want this build to be correct and optimum for my sub.

thanks again

Use the measurements you came up with. Sub firing up on tge passangers side slot port firing towards the rear on the drivers side.

You can use the re box calculator subzero suggested.

Id do 4.25 tuned to 35 with 55in^3 of port area.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.