Help with Ported Subwoofer box!!

claytonc2001

Malta
Hi Car Audio fans

I currently have a systen in my car. I have a Pioneer MVH-X508DAB, 4 pioneer 5.25 inch speaker, 1 Kenwood KAC-6406 driving them. I am happy with the loudness and quality overall but I still need a subwoofer to complete it all. I have bee thinking a lot about it and decided that I want a Kenwood KFC-PS3016W and a Kenwood KAC-5206 bridged at 150W. My only problem is the box I want a ported box but can`t understand how to do my port. Can someone help me out pls?

Kenwood SUB:

Subwoofers • KFC-PS3016W Specifications • Kenwood Europe

Vehicle : Seat IBiza 1989 (Kia Rio next year)

Location in the vehicle: Rear

Space available (Length x Width x Height): As low as possible

Subwoofer make and model: Kenwood KAC-6406

Subwoofer Size: 12"

Number of Subwoofers: 1

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): Slot??

What type of music do you like?: Pop, House Music

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: Everyday

Tuning Freq (Hz):

Volume : ?

Questions: Port??

Hi Car Audio fans
I currently have a systen in my car. I have a Pioneer MVH-X508DAB, 4 pioneer 5.25 inch speaker, 1 Kenwood KAC-6406 driving them. I am happy with the loudness and quality overall but I still need a subwoofer to complete it all. I have bee thinking a lot about it and decided that I want a Kenwood KFC-PS3016W and a Kenwood KAC-5206 bridged at 150W. My only problem is the box I want a ported box but can`t understand how to do my port. Can someone help me out pls?

Kenwood SUB:

Subwoofers • KFC-PS3016W Specifications • Kenwood Europe

Vehicle : Seat IBiza 1989 (Kia Rio next year)

Location in the vehicle: Rear

Space available (Length x Width x Height): As low as possible

Subwoofer make and model: Kenwood KAC-6406

Subwoofer Size: 12"

Number of Subwoofers: 1

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): Slot??

What type of music do you like?: Pop, House Music

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: Everyday

Tuning Freq (Hz):

Volume : ?

Questions: Port??
I can help. Hmu.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what you're question is when it gives you the dimensions of the box they recommend for that sub. If you follow that box you'll get a ported box that is tuned to 35hz. Cut sheet:

Top: 362mm x 356mm

bottom: 362mm x 356mm

Sides: 552.5mm x 317.5mm

Front/back: 362mm x 552.5mm

It calls for a labyrinth port and since it calls for a 546mm long port you account for the width of the wood and cut a piece that fits into the box in line the the opening. It looks like it's designed to go along the back of the box. That amp is severely under-powered which is not good for your sub.. My rule of thumb is to give your sub more power than it needs and turn the gain down.

I was responding to his original specs. Stang didn't offer any suggestions other than hmu so not much to listen to. Very basic setup that doesn't have an amp that will properly push the sub to begin with. There's nothing wrong with the given box design, but there are obviously much better setups

yeah what sub amp u have or if u want us to suggest u need to give us price range like $300 sub and amp or whatever.. look at car audio bargain.com look at b stock subs they are great but only have 30 day warranty if u wanta save $ great site.. have to know sub or amp before we can suggest the other or box..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.