soundstream fukery RIP tn900.4

I'm new to the whole audio thing, but how does one tell that a circuit board is inferior to another? In both designs it looks like they have the same parts for the most part, just in different configurations. That and the new one doesn't have and fuses. It's been said it has less fets and no filtering, don't know what those are but removing them was bad I take it lol

I'm new to the whole audio thing, but how does one tell that a circuit board is inferior to another? In both designs it looks like they have the same parts for the most part, just in different configurations. That and the new one doesn't have and fuses. It's been said it has less fets and no filtering, don't know what those are but removing them was bad I take it lol
more empty spaces, the weaker it is for these korean/chinese boards. Different story with brazilian amps though.

This amp could be the replacement to the Soundstream //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Nice! For that price I'll definitely have to take a hard look at it!

Is it close to 2- 82d’s in one case? That’s a BUDGET F’IN STEAL IF UT IS!
Yes almost exact same results. My certified 2 ohm test (4ohm bridged) came out a tad less, but I think that's from the less voltage. XPR82 was around 14.14. XPR84D was 13.97

This amp could be the replacement to the Soundstream //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Soundstream has been a gutter brand for about 18 years now. Shame on you for ever recommending them. Just lying about power ratings should be enough to let you know what the company thinks about their customers. If they'll lie to you right off the bat, why would you expect anything honest from them after that? I wonder how many rookies buy amps from these junk brands because they overhear discussion about 1 model that used a decent board at one time and think that means everything they slap their logo on is good.

That looks very decent. Honestly rated too. They have to be cutting costs somewhere in there, but good for Pioneer making a budget friendly offering.

Soundstream has been a gutter brand for about 18 years now. Shame on you for ever recommending them. Just lying about power ratings should be enough to let you know what the company thinks about their customers. If they'll lie to you right off the bat, why would you expect anything honest from them after that? I wonder how many rookies buy amps from these junk brands because they overhear discussion about 1 model that used a decent board at one time and think that means everything they slap their logo on is good.
Not shame on me, I recommended because of the board.. not the brand. And the ratings of that particular amp were in fact accurate. So I had no problem recommending it to budget buyers.

As for the pioneer, they are likely just working on smaller margin as they ship a lot more units than your favorite companies combined.

Blank, im a fan of your vids. Is there an easy way to bench sq? Basic stuff like hiss, noise floor, not audiophile creepy wankery like warmth and "depth of soundstage".
Sort of... but SQ is near impossible to portray accurately in a video... Most viewers are going to want to listen to the amp playing.... and unfortunately most of them will be listening thru $5 headphones... that was recorded thru a $30 microphone....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.