soundstream fukery RIP tn900.4

I had no idea Xtant was under Mitek.
Always was.

MTX was the first audiobrand from Mitek , However MiTek later set up Xtant to become a high end oriented brand and innovation brand to compete against the likes of Precsion Power, Soundstream, Orion, Mcintosh (Yes THEE Mcintosh) etc. They also acquired Coustic and set Coustic up as their budget brand. So Coustic was Entry, MTX was Mainstream and Xtant was high-end niche... When the market shrunk they pretty much stopped making Coustic and Xtant and focused entirely on MTX....

Just opened up my tn1.1200 new in box that I’ve had sitting for about a year after seeing this thread.

Luckily mine has the old (good) board. Just wanted to make sure!

I open up every amp I buy prior to instillation. My 4.900’s and 1.1200’s all have the original boards. It’s too bad they ruined the amps this way. The only time I can recall an amp having a different board than what I thought I was buying were Popcorn Sounds 7k’s. Two had AA 500.1 boards and the other two were Lanzar Opti 7k boards. The Soundstream amps are a bait and switch IMO. Put out vids, hype up the product and then put out a POS with the same heatsink. LAME ��
I got the new downgrade ish, easy to tell I think because the speaker connects are all to the right on the new board, and the RCAs are bunched together, not split up on either side.

how has the buzz/hum/noise floor been on yours? I spent HOURS chasing down electrical gremlins trying to find the issue. Frankly, since it came with or without RCAs, i should have realized it was from the crappy amp, but I didn't want to believe my lying eyes (ears) because I did all this research and it was supposed to be rock solid.

Just opened up my tn1.1200 new in box that I’ve had sitting for about a year after seeing this thread.Luckily mine has the old (good) board. Just wanted to make sure!
Can you post a pic?

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

I got the new downgrade ish, easy to tell I think because the speaker connects are all to the right on the new board, and the RCAs are bunched together, not split up on either side.
how has the buzz/hum/noise floor been on yours? I spent HOURS chasing down electrical gremlins trying to find the issue. Frankly, since it came with or without RCAs, i should have realized it was from the crappy amp, but I didn't want to believe my lying eyes (ears) because I did all this research and it was supposed to be rock solid.
Send it back!

I think I'm going to order one of these and roast Soundstram if it comes out bad..... I have recommended that amp so many times the last 2 months I feel like I got punched in the stomach after seeing these pics.

I think I'm going to order one of these and roast Soundstram if it comes out bad..... I have recommended that amp so many times the last 2 months I feel like I got punched in the stomach after seeing these pics.
do it man!!! these people need to get called out on their shenanigans!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.