soundstream fukery RIP tn900.4

ignore @hispls he likes to come off as some sort of virtuous person yet does nothing to actually solve the problem besides complaining that people want to save money

[quote name='wew lad']ignore @hispls he likes to come off as some sort of virtuous person yet does nothing to actually solve the problem besides complaining that people want to save money[/QUOTE]

I don't care to be honest. I see a good amp (Like the TN4.900d WAS..) I am going to tell people it's a good amp. I could give a ***** about the brand name.

I don't care to be honest. I see a good amp (Like the TN4.900d WAS..) I am going to tell people it's a good amp. I could give a ***** about the brand name.
I agree, thats why I didn't care about running the ppi900.4 even though new PPI stuff is mostly junk

I'd probably pick up the tn4.900d if it was still available and after your dyno of the class ab lanzar 700x2 id run that too

I agree, thats why I didn't care about running the ppi900.4 even though new PPI stuff is mostly junk
I'd probably pick up the tn4.900d if it was still available and after your dyno of the class ab lanzar 700x2 id run that too
The truth is. The way things are made today no mass produced amp should cost more then these.

The truth is. The way things are made today no mass produced amp should cost more then these.
it should only cost more in components, QC, and warranty. i dont see how the labor would be higher considering most of the **** is produced in similar factories. the 300-500% markup is absurd

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Hey Jeff, what made the guy pop open the bottom of the amp and discovered the changes?
i think he said it didnt sound right? idr or the case looked different theres a thread on diyma

[quote name='wew lad']ignore @hispls he likes to come off as some sort of virtuous person yet does nothing to actually solve the problem besides complaining that people want to save money[/QUOTE]

What more can I do? I haven't recommended any dishonest junk brands to anybody and don't buy them myself. Supporting companies that engage in shady practices only encourages them to keep doing it.

Soundstream/PPI are bad and you should feel bad about recommending them.

[quote name='wew lad']300-500% markup is absurd

[/quote]

Who do you suppose is making that sort of margin on anything? The barrier of entry is incredibly low in this business model. I'm sure the 100$ amp costs about 20$ to make in China but the company slapping a brand name on it isn't pocketing the difference. It's all gobbled up by the supply chain.

Then again if anybody thinks there's 500% ROI to be made with an audio brand, just open up alibaba and give it a whirl.

What more can I do? I haven't recommended any dishonest junk brands to anybody and don't buy them myself. Supporting companies that engage in shady practices only encourages them to keep doing it.
Soundstream/PPI are bad and you should feel bad about recommending them.

Who do you suppose is making that sort of margin on anything? The barrier of entry is incredibly low in this business model. I'm sure the 100$ amp costs about 20$ to make in China but the company slapping a brand name on it isn't pocketing the difference. It's all gobbled up by the supply chain.

Then again if anybody thinks there's 500% ROI to be made with an audio brand, just open up alibaba and give it a whirl.
1) you're acting like you should feel so good about it and you're so virtuous when you literally admit you dont really do anything to help

2) go look at alibaba prices on a shipment of 10k of the 4 channel boards we're speaking about, its not as much as you think. when it comes to the 500% i was talking mostly about some manufacturers who live off their name and have an amp produced cheap as **** and mark it up 500% compared to what itd cost to get a comparable amplifier made

Grizz Archer is pretty much responsible for them making PPI/Soundstream half *** respectable again. He's responsible for the original phantoms, tarantula nanos, etc...
They rewarded him by canning him. Screw Epsilon. I'm glad this came to light so I can finally stop recommending their products completely.
so, when i joined this forum, i was under the impression that PPI $ucked from its former glory power class days when it went down the slippery slope of DEI badness. Is it fair to be very cautious with epsilon at the helms now?

so, when i joined this forum, i was under the impression that PPI $ucked from its former glory power class days when it went down the slippery slope of DEI badness. Is it fair to be very cautious with epsilon at the helms now?
I think with Epsilon the term Hit and Miss comes to mind, some of the amps are not a bad value, some downright ****. It's finding the good ones that is key. People are going to be losing their minds when CAB releases the 2000.1... however Soundstream was selling that amp as the PA1.6000d as recently as 3 months ago.. the PPI Black Ice is a really strong amp for $250 and I have a t1.4000dl here that does a real nice job for $200...

1) you're acting like you should feel so good about it and you're so virtuous
Where did I say that?

i was talking mostly about some manufacturers who live off their name and have an amp produced cheap as **** and mark it up 500% compared to what itd cost to get a comparable amplifier made
What amps do you feel sell at a 500% markup besides premium snobophile brands?

Where did I say that?

What amps do you feel sell at a 500% markup besides premium snobophile brands?
by the fact that you keep telling people they're wrong and you're right. its like a vegan who wants everyone to know theyre a vegan and that it somehow makes them better

let me research a few brands and ill get back to you i dont want to say something that isnt proven entirely although it is definitely happening

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.