SounDrive 2000w Subwoofer Preorder

SounDrive
Pro Seller

www.soundrive.audio
Lebanon, TN
The pre-order for SounDrive subwoofers has begun! These subwoofers are designed and built in the USA with American coils. These subs are designed to be a very efficient daily sub that excels at SPL as well. They feature a 3" 4 layer flatwound coil, 2000W conservative RMS rating, triple progressive spiders, and a large 55 pound motor structure.

Get them while pre-order pricing lasts at SounDrive Audio Store! We expect them to be in production very soon. Full TS parameters and specs are listed on their product listings on our site.

12 inch: $319.99 shipped

15 inch: $334.99 shipped

18 inch: $349.99 shipped

Official name still pending, we are currently having a contest on our Facebook page to determine the name, and the winner gets a $100 store credit. http://www.facebook.com/SounDriveAudio

j7asfb.jpg

soo. is it just me or is that the original re mt motor? well basket too but thats literally the most common basket on the market
also its a 3 inch 4 layer not 3 inch 8 layer, so different coil same motor?
one small picture decided that for you? thinking you can compare this and an mt because they "look" similar is literally the dumbest thing I've read today.

one small picture decided that for you? thinking you can compare this and an mt because they "look" similar is literally the dumbest thing I've read today.
someone didn't get laid last night, what makes you say it isn't that motor? I apologize for not appeasing your intellectual standards, let me go get my last fuck and shine it up for you.

bc92f3a127962208c22dd74c7ceb78d90d70e92f22d3ea81f3c90360426351a1.jpg

soo. is it just me or is that the original re mt motor? well basket too but thats literally the most common basket on the market
also its a 3 inch 4 layer not 3 inch 8 layer, so different coil same motor?
No, completely different motor proprietary to us. It's a triple stack and has a similar looking top and bottom plate but that's about it.

No other company has rights to this motor design, we own it.

No, completely different motor proprietary to us. It's a triple stack and has a similar looking top and bottom plate but that's about it.
No other company has rights to this motor design, we own it.
Cool that's good to hear, even if it was a re mt design that'd be a good thing not bad imo. What all is proprietary and different than other similar motors?

Also looks very similar externally to the cascade omega made by pierce audio but that was another 8 layer as well this I would assume has a solid pole piece like the others. This I'm sure has a tighter gap to accommodate the 4 layer better and having lighter softies will help with efficiency tight gap assemblies also tend to be a tad stronger. Looking at the t/s they look to be great daily subs at a very good price. Should sell very well and if the customer service is top notch I could see this company lasting a while.

Also looks very similar externally to the cascade omega made by pierce audio but that was another 8 layer as well this I would assume has a solid pole piece like the others. This I'm sure has a tighter gap to accommodate the 4 layer better and having lighter softies will help with efficiency tight gap assemblies also tend to be a tad stronger. Looking at the t/s they look to be great daily subs at a very good price. Should sell very well and if the customer service is top notch I could see this company lasting a while.
It has a pole vent, and a completely different gap from either of those.

We've been around over 2 years so far and aren't going anywhere soon //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif We've got plans for a few more products as well, including another 2 sub lines we will stagger out at some point.

Cool that's good to hear, even if it was a re mt design that'd be a good thing not bad imo. What all is proprietary and different than other similar motors?
There's really no need to custom tool anything else, however we are looking at having larger, tight gap coils made for an SPL model. And the dustcaps will be tooled as well. While I'd love to tool our own basket, it would add a lot to the cost and not much, if any to the performance.

There's really no need to custom tool anything else, however we are looking at having larger, tight gap coils made for an SPL model. And the dustcaps will be tooled as well. While I'd love to tool our own basket, it would add a lot to the cost and not much, if any to the performance.
Are you willing to release gap specs and coils specs. Any additional cooling features gap vents, coil vents? Interested to see other products 1k and 3k models? A 4in version of the judge would be sick.

F700 ordered for my 4 ohm BA 12.4LF in sealed box. Should do the job and work nicely when I switch over to two 8's or 10's at 2ohms. Been out of car audio for far to long.......

Are you willing to release gap specs and coils specs. Any additional cooling features gap vents, coil vents? Interested to see other products 1k and 3k models? A 4in version of the judge would be sick.
There is a pole vent.

Other models aren't set in stone yet, but I'd like to do one larger 3" coil sub at least, and possibly one smaller. We'll see how the idea for the smaller one works out, it should be pretty unique if so.

And of course a more economical 2.5" coil sub may be in the works soon too. I just have to decide which to do next; with them all actually being designed and not ordered off the shelf we'll probably only be able to focus resources on one new model at a time for now.

There is a pole vent.
Other models aren't set in stone yet, but I'd like to do one larger 3" coil sub at least, and possibly one smaller. We'll see how the idea for the smaller one works out, it should be pretty unique if so.

And of course a more economical 2.5" coil sub may be in the works soon too. I just have to decide which to do next; with them all actually being designed and not ordered off the shelf we'll probably only be able to focus resources on one new model at a time for now.
A budget friendly 2.5in is the smart move. I'd love to see a mmag 2.5in around $169 or less. Double stacked 5.5x1in base mags a .5in top plate a .25in mag and then a .25 final top plate. Make it a tighter gap and pair it with a decent 1.75in ww coil would be very strong,efficient and have a good amount of stroke. A cheap stamped steel basket would need to be used to keep costs down .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.