Soundqubed vs Hifonics ?

i did google it, several times, and i know that it has a specific name... and the scoop on the first link is on the top in the center
Top center is an Indy scoop. Like indy car/formula one

fiero_turbo_wing.jpg

~ Functional Indy Scoop - Intake or Cooling ~ - Pennock's Fiero Forum

found it... NACA ducts
Actually NACA ducts are a very specific kind of duct that allows air to be fed in but with very little aerodynamic loss or least amount of drag. This is possible when there is no extrusion or very little above the flat body surface through which it's mounted. The above is just an Air scoop. As mention like the ones on the Formula 1 cars.

A very popular example of a NACA duct would be the ever famous Bugatti Veyron:

bugatti-veyron-super-sport-04.jpg

bugatti-veyron-super-sport-4.jpg

Actually NACA ducts are a very specific kind of duct that allows air to be fed in but with very little aerodynamic loss or least amount of drag. This is possible when there is no extrusion or very little above the flat body surface through which it's mounted. The above is just an Air scoop. As mention like the ones on the Formula 1 cars.
A very popular example of a NACA duct would be the ever famous Bugatti Veyron:

bugatti-veyron-super-sport-04.jpg

bugatti-veyron-super-sport-4.jpg
Specifically the super sports version also found in cars as lowly as the 1988 Thunderbird turbo coupe(which I'm a huge fan of, I just love the look of em). But there has to be a more specific name than just an air scoop. Virtually everything in high brow racing cars and high end performance cars have a specific term, not just a generic one like air scoop

Specifically the super sports version also found in cars as lowly as the 1988 Thunderbird turbo coupe(which I'm a huge fan of, I just love the look of em). But there has to be a more specific name than just an air scoop. Virtually everything in high brow racing cars and high end performance cars have a specific term, not just a generic one like air scoop
http://www.gmecca.com/byorc/dtipsaerodynamics.html#Scoops

Research racing information.. Its either a side scoop, hood scoop, rear scoop, wing, etc...

So for your information it is either a regular air scoop or naca duct.

Race Car Design Tips and Information - Aerodynamics
Research racing information.. Its either a side scoop, hood scoop, rear scoop, wing, etc...

So for your information it is either a regular air scoop or naca duct.
if thats the technical term for it, thats fine. I just find it odd that in the world of racing and aerodynamics that there is a name for those vertical slats under the trunk but there isnt a specific proper noun for the type of air scoops im referring to.

if thats the technical term for it, thats fine. I just find it odd that in the world of racing and aerodynamics that there is a name for those vertical slats under the trunk but there isnt a specific proper noun for the type of air scoops im referring to.
As far as nicknames and other names used by racing scene members. Its all dependent on what vehicle they are speaking of and age.

But for most its just scoops with the indication of whether its side or roof or hood.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.