Soundqubed HDC3 10”

If he's keeping the electrical (especially alternator) stock then the HDS3 might actual be a better option. HDC3 are power hogs
this is not true, my old two hdc3 18s setup got hella loud on a ppi 600.2 four ohm bridged with the subs fully broken with softened suspension. However if we are talking about trying to make the sub hit Xmax limits with the suspension still stiff then yeah they can handle a lot of power. They dont need a lot to get loud though as long as your box is on point.

I don’t have the extra space or I would. It’s going in a Mini Cooper lol
Haha. I do a 18 daily in 6.6 cubes lol. There is room in a Mini Cooper. Na I know what you mean space is definitely limited if your keeping the back seats in. Which model do you have ? I have a 2006 S

Haha. I do a 18 daily in 6.6 cubes lol. There is room in a Mini Cooper. Na I know what you mean space is definitely limited if your keeping the back seats in. Which model do you have ? I have a 2006 S
I have the 04 Cooper S. I’m trying to keep the back seat haha

this is not true, my old two hdc3 18s setup got hella loud on a ppi 600.2 four ohm bridged with the subs fully broken with softened suspension. However if we are talking about trying to make the sub hit Xmax limits with the suspension still stiff then yeah they can handle a lot of power. They dont need a lot to get loud though as long as your box is on point.
You say its not true and then you list a very exaggerated example (two 18s is a **** ton of cone space, gonna be hard for two 18s to NOT sound loud even with low power).
I've seen the HDC3 on low power in two different occasions (both times it was a single 12) and they were not loud at all (E12 and SA12 on similar power where louder).

You say its not true and then you list a very exaggerated example (two 18s is a **** ton of cone space, gonna be hard for two 18s to NOT sound loud even with low power).
I've seen the HDC3 on low power in two different occasions (both times it was a single 12) and they were not loud at all (E12 and SA12 on similar power where louder).
the box design can be picky, they actually dont like a lot of airspace to get loud on low power. I had to shrink my box down from 13 cubes to 10 cubes for the hdc3s to get MUCH louder. Raised the port length to keep the same tuning as well.

the box design can be picky, they actually dont like a lot of airspace to get loud on low power.
I could see that. Both situation i saw they had a box for power they thought they where getting instead of power they where really getting. I would imagine in low power situations this is the more common scenario (newbie throws a high power amp in the trunk thinking the hdc3 will bang when they barely have the electrical to feed it 500 watts)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.