Sound issues

Participant count
  • Participant list
Howdy Folks,

I'm in the process of installing a new aftermarket radio, and I can't figure out why I keep getting static sound from the front left speaker, and no noise at all from the rear left speaker. The wiring harness I bought contained two ground wires, and two yellow wires, both of which I hooked up to the single corresponding wires of my stereo harness. I've tried swapping the rear left and rear right, problem stays in the left. I've tried swapping the rear left and front left, and the problems do not flip. But I know that neither of those speakers are blown or damaged because I just had a different radio in the car last week! What could I be missing here? Sony gave me a foreign dude who said to take it to a shop, and the Scoshe just kept telling me to try different things but nothing solved my issue. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!!! I've installed aftermarket radio's before, but haven't ever had an issue like this.

Did you ground the radio case to the chassis? (Run a separate ground cable from the rear of your radio.) My JVC head-unit required that I ground the case to the chassis. If this is not your problem, then you may have a defective radio, IMO.

Let us know when you find the problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.