Sound issues, need help

just test the wires with a volt meter like I said --------- you'll find the problem

you have a shorting/grounding speakerwire somewhere

let me give this a shot.

1st. have you replaced your radio shack wiring?

2nd.Did you put padding behind your speakers because if you have metal on metal than your sound will be really distorted.

3rd. Have you taken out your subs and put the padding in there?

4th. try getting some noise eliminator for your doors. It makes a world of a difference.

try these steps and let me know how it goes. Matt.

Just curious..........since this is doing it while you are toying with the fader apparently......How old is the head unit? And Is it a manual fader? Possibility the fader is dirty etc....Sometimes this happens as units age and such and can cause the crackling noises you are hearing.

Originally posted by Alaxan Just curious..........since this is doing it while you are toying with the fader apparently......How old is the head unit? And Is it a manual fader? Possibility the fader is dirty etc....Sometimes this happens as units age and such and can cause the crackling noises you are hearing.
good one----------- forgot all about them:rolleyes:

Originally posted by chris229 good one----------- forgot all about them:rolleyes:
Chris..... I know your the man and all.... Hell u gave me a few good pointers when I first arrived here on the scene, but keep this one thing in mind...... K.I.S.S...... I learned it in the air force and find it very valuable in every day life. (Keep It Simple Stupid! ) LOL Basically as we tend to gain more knowledge and experience on certain things we tend to then think too far into it and end up in a mess. Either it ending up costing us a bit of cash or just a lot fo wasted time.

Ok I am off of my soap box now and hope everyone can learn a little bit more from this simple method.

Chris......I not knockin u in anyway........just had to be a smart ass LOL take it lite bro.

Originally posted by Alaxan Chris..... I know your the man and all.... Hell u gave me a few good pointers when I first arrived here on the scene, but keep this one thing in mind...... K.I.S.S...... I learned it in the air force and find it very valuable in every day life. (Keep It Simple Stupid! ) LOL Basically as we tend to gain more knowledge and experience on certain things we tend to then think too far into it and end up in a mess. Either it ending up costing us a bit of cash or just a lot fo wasted time.

Ok I am off of my soap box now and hope everyone can learn a little bit more from this simple method.

Chris......I not knockin u in anyway........just had to be a smart ass LOL take it lite bro.
yup I get caught up in the amount of stuff I know too-------- I think so far into it then realize that --------it was simple
kind of like ----------- bad trip on acid-------------- asking yourself----------how'd we get here???//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

My dad insists that its not the wireing beacuse we were really carful about it when we put it in. My head is only 4 months old. My dad thinks adding a cap will get rid or it or at least soften it. he thiks its noise form the engine. CA&E had an artical about it too and they say the same thing so i dunno. I do need to put padding in my subs and i have rubber washers sperating the speakers form the metal. i have no idea what brand of wiring we used for the cab speakers, it wast originaly tho i ran all new wires and then the amp and sub wireing is lightning audio.

Originally posted by Eddieca85 My dad insists that its not the wireing beacuse we were really carful about it when we put it in. My head is only 4 months old. My dad thinks adding a cap will get rid or it or at least soften it. he thiks its noise form the engine. CA&E had an artical about it too and they say the same thing so i dunno. I do need to put padding in my subs and i have rubber washers sperating the speakers form the metal. i have no idea what brand of wiring we used for the cab speakers, it wast originaly tho i ran all new wires and then the amp and sub wireing is lightning audio.

I do not see how a cap would decrease the amount of noise or static you are getting, but I do see (and not trying to nock your system), but aiwa is not very well known for a positive reputation in the mobile audio field as of yet and with you stating that you toyed with the fader and the noises moved from speaker to speaker and got louder and quieter.......It sounds to me like it would be the fader still unless it is a fully digital fader.

k---- look

you HAVE to test the resistance to ground and across each speaker to see if it is daamged--------- if you don't want to then we can't help you. It's up to you. It doesn't matter what your dad is ----------- you seem to have a problem------------we have to find it

WE MUST START SOMEWHERE--------- if it checks out then will move to the power supply

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.