Sound issues, need help

Eddieca85
10+ year member

Hey its me again,

Ok lately my speakers have been sounding like pure ****, i think its the radio shack 5x7s in the back but i also hear some distortion comming from my profile 6.5s in the door panel on the drivers side, i havent check the passenger. I have no idea what caused this beacuse they were all running great for about 3 weeks then all the sudden they distort ALOT.Its almost like a crackeling. I checked them beacuse i thought they might be blown but they arent at all. My dad and i were thinking maybe the internal wireing of the speaker has come lose but we dunno how to test that. Any ideas? Also when i bought my amp and subs the guy told me that i want an amp that can push the RMS a little to get the best sound out of them, i have heard a few of you say that you want an amp that has just enough to push the subs. which is it? My subs also rattle i guess you could say, i dunno what it is maybe they are lose but they feel rather secure in the box, i also forgot to put that padding **** in them, does that make a diffrence. My system out line is on my sig, if anyone one could help make my system better let me know, id like to hear, im rather new at this, my dad is an electrical engeneer so we installed everything custom our selves. Thanx

--Eddie

I would connect a different signal source to see if the noise is in the wiring -------- throwing money at a problem ----- is a shot in the dark------- as you stated they sounding good for some time ------but----- now they don't

Originally posted by chris229 I would connect a different signal source to see if the noise is in the wiring -------- throwing money at a problem ----- is a shot in the dark------- as you stated they sounding good for some time ------but----- now they don't
what do you mean a diffrent signal source?

Originally posted by Eddieca85 what do you mean a diffrent signal source?
I beleive he means to hook up like a discman or something of the sort with an rca output to the inputs on the amp and see how you sound. If you still have the crackling you have eliminated the head unit. It could be that they are being underpowered and turned up too loud and beyond a distortion level. It sounds to me that you are sending a distorted signal from the headunit or amps to the speakers.

no seriously. most likely you would have been better off keeping your OEM components with thier paper crap cones.

profile lasts a little longer than radio crap stuff but its still not much better than standing up in a moving convertable and pissing forward.....

on the helpful side...

1. check the wiring... did you use that radio shack power wire/speakerwire/ground??? guess what thats your problem. if that isnt it next.

2. make sure the wires on the head unit are not touching or that they ARE connected correctly

3. look at the speakers do they look worn ragged? if no then

4. is your speaker wire run along side your power wire? this can cause pops whining as well as other wierd sounds

hope that helps.

99DX

*feeling a little bit wet?*

Ok so i got my new infinity572.5cf 5x7s last week and i installed them and they come with their own in line cross over beacuse it has a tweeter in it. THe RMS is 100watts on each speaker and my head is putting out 45 max and they are crackeling like a motha ****a, whats the deal with that? in a ntoehr post i read about adding a 4 way amp to help sound quality. Would that help in this case and is that my only option.

Originally posted by Eddieca85 Ok so i got my new infinity572.5cf 5x7s last week and i installed them and they come with their own in line cross over beacuse it has a tweeter in it. THe RMS is 100watts on each speaker and my head is putting out 45 max and they are crackeling like a motha ****a, whats the deal with that? in a ntoehr post i read about adding a 4 way amp to help sound quality. Would that help in this case and is that my only option.
I told you what to do and that it had nothing to do with you radio shack speakers but I'm sad to see you didn't my advice. Now it looks like you have taken UNimformed advice to buy NEW speakers

Well actully i ordered those speeakers way before i even talked to you guys, soooooooo someone else seems uninformed. Plus if you actully think im about to stay with radio shack speaker, then im sorry but your trippin. I had those jsut so i could listen to my **** with out haveing to hear the poping sound of my stock speakers (2 watt RMS HA, **** ford to hell) So anyways.... If i fade to the rear the noise goes away which would lead me to beliveiuts the front 6.5s but when i listen to the speakers it mainly to back ones cracking. I found all this out today on the way to work, so that would add the the theory that since the RMS is so high and the out put form my HU is so low its not getting enough power to get good sound thus causing distortion and by fadeing ti to the back adding more power to the back speakers. But i dunno, i just like wasting money.

Originally posted by Eddieca85 Well actully i ordered those speeakers way before i even talked to you guys, soooooooo someone else seems uninformed. Plus if you actully think im about to stay with radio shack speaker, then im sorry but your trippin. I had those jsut so i could listen to my **** with out haveing to hear the poping sound of my stock speakers (2 watt RMS HA, **** ford to hell) So anyways.... If i fade to the rear the noise goes away which would lead me to beliveiuts the front 6.5s but when i listen to the speakers it mainly to back ones cracking. I found all this out today on the way to work, so that would add the the theory that since the RMS is so high and the out put form my HU is so low its not getting enough power to get good sound thus causing distortion and by fadeing ti to the back adding more power to the back speakers. But i dunno, i just like wasting money.
spend some for me:D

Originally posted by chris229 spend some for me:D
Haha, if you want some of my josb you can have them, i have 3 to many. And i dont really even make that much.

So how do i hook up anotehr source to my speakers liek you said to find out if it is my HU. Alexian or what ever said hook the rcas form my amp up to it but its not my subs that are cracking it shte inside speakers hooked directly to the HU witht eh harness. What are your thoguhts?

Originally posted by Eddieca85 Haha, if you want some of my josb you can have them, i have 3 to many. And i dont really even make that much.

So how do i hook up anotehr source to my speakers liek you said to find out if it is my HU. Alexian or what ever said hook the rcas form my amp up to it but its not my subs that are cracking it shte inside speakers hooked directly to the HU witht eh harness. What are your thoguhts?
simple drag your home stereo to your car and wire it to the speaker wires IN THE DASH. this will let you test the wiring from the dash to the speakers. If you get noise than---- break out you DMM (digital multi meter) and test resistance across each speaker wire & across each lead to the car body ground. you find one that is not in line with the rest

Originally posted by chris229 simple drag your home stereo to your car and wire it to the speaker wires IN THE DASH.

this will let you test the wiring from the dash to the speakers. If you get noise than---- break out you DMM (digital multi meter) and test resistance across each speaker wire & across each lead to the car body ground. you find one that is not in line with the rest
the wire in my dash are in a harness and my stereo isnt. What should i do?

Ok a discovered somehting new today, liek i said if i fade to the rear a little then the crackling goes away, if i fade to the front it goes away as long as m RPMS are um but if i commign to a stop then it crackles and onc ei hit the gas agian it stops but if i have the fad at 0 it crackels like a motha ****a. What the hell is up with that monkey poo.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.