sound deadening

it really works me and my friend dynamated extreme his roof and trunk and it made a huge diff //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Nope...complete waste of time and money....that's why SPL and even SQ competitors spend hundreds of dollars on it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

I have almost 200 sq ft in my Explorer. The only surface that isn't covered is behind the dash. Everything else came out, including the headliner. The doors and rear hatch each have a layer on the inside of the outer skin (as much as I could reach), a layer on the side that faces the cabin, and a layer on the back of the panels. I also put a layer on the back of most of the plastic panels as well, and doubled up around the rear wheel wells. Under the hood, on the back of the license plate, etc. It feels solid like a tank, is quieter than a lexus, and my music sounds a LOT better. You'll hear CDs and think "That's what it's supposed to sound like." I spent over $800, but I saved at least that much in labor by doing it myself. It isn't that hard, just tedious. WEAR GLOVES.

I have almost 200 sq ft in my Explorer. The only surface that isn't covered is behind the dash. Everything else came out, including the headliner. The doors and rear hatch each have a layer on the inside of the outer skin (as much as I could reach), a layer on the side that faces the cabin, and a layer on the back of the panels. I also put a layer on the back of most of the plastic panels as well, and doubled up around the rear wheel wells. Under the hood, on the back of the license plate, etc. It feels solid like a tank, is quieter than a lexus, and my music sounds a LOT better. You'll hear CDs and think "That's what it's supposed to sound like." I spent over $800, but I saved at least that much in labor by doing it myself. It isn't that hard, just tedious. WEAR GLOVES.

I wish i had the time and money to do my whole car it sux to hear road noise especially on the highway. i jus ordered some secondskin damplifier and it came in today, cant wait to install it.

I wish i had the time and money to do my whole car it sux to hear road noise especially on the highway. i jus ordered some secondskin damplifier and it came in today, cant wait to install it.

The only really noticeable noise I hear now is through the windows. Since the rest of the truck is so quiet now, the wind noise on the windows seems extra loud. I've heard that the nicer Mercedes use thicker windows to make the cabins quieter. I think that would be a badass mod, but not something I could either afford or do myself. I've actually considered getting those window shade things that go around the top edge, but I'm not sure I can deal with that look, and it might just make it worse. I dunno.

i dont mean to ask ?'s in another mans post but i have sum sheets of dyno but for my rear panels can i use the spray dyno? i want to just drill a tiny hole and fill the panel full of dyno.....does it work the same?

The only really noticeable noise I hear now is through the windows. Since the rest of the truck is so quiet now, the wind noise on the windows seems extra loud. I've heard that the nicer Mercedes use thicker windows to make the cabins quieter. I think that would be a badass mod, but not something I could either afford or do myself. I've actually considered getting those window shade things that go around the top edge, but I'm not sure I can deal with that look, and it might just make it worse. I dunno.

Probably the next vehicle i get i will sound deaden that much, or my next project car. A guy on the forum is going to do his new vehicle as u did ur explorer, im going to try to help, he says he wants it to sound like a rolls royce

it is worth it. It will not only help reduce rattles and buzzing, but it will also give you a quiter vehicle which will allow you to better hear your stereo, and hear it better at low volumes since you will not be fighting road noise as much.

Probably the next vehicle i get i will sound deaden that much, or my next project car. A guy on the forum is going to do his new vehicle as u did ur explorer, im going to try to help, he says he wants it to sound like a rolls royce

The only thing that ***** about it is when I start eyeing new rides, and then realize that not only can I not take this stuff with me, but I will have to do it all over again on the next vehicle.

spray deadner any good? i dont want to have to take my rear panels out and all....i was wantin to drill a tiny hole and fill the whole panel would that work?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.