Sound Deadening Material Installs

mmmmpsi

Quick question in regards to sound deadening material installs.. When installing in doors, I've seen some installs where they go on the inner part of the door and I've seen others where it's on the outter part flush with the speaker installs? Is one better than the other? In everyone's opinion which is better?

Thanks!

i also got a question.... whats the best sound deadining material?
That is like asking PC or MAC.. It all depends on who you talk to.. A lot of people swear by Dynomat and won't use anything else.. Personally though, I've used dynomat and I've used Brown Bread as well as B-quiet and honestly the roofing sealer stuff from Home Depot works just as well.. I even see people on E-bay now trying to sell it as "E-dead" it's all made of the same material the only difference is thinkness, so worst case in the areas you want to deaden more you double up.. For me it's definitely the doors and floor to kill road noise.. the trunk rattles a bit but one layer should be enough for that..

http://www.cascadeaudio.com/

i haven't put my car back together yet, but what i can tell you is this stuff is a dream to work with. they also have a pretty solid reputation as being top-o-the-line and have actual chemist that develope their products rather than boxing up a generic product (hearsay from a reliable source).

I used Secondskin with fatmat. Secondskin any where I went verticle at and Fatmat on the floor of the trunk so far. Have done the entire trunk in 1 layer of the two and the SS is a lot easier to work with. What a difference in sound though. Glad I did it and took me like 12 hours and 2 weeks due to my schedule to do just the trunk, but well worth it.

Will be ordering more SS to do the doors maybe. Seems like the fatmat is just as sticky and seems like it is working, but might put that on the doors. See how funds go. But I have enough fatmat left over to do the entire floor, roof and doors if need be. Will be a lengthy process, but so be it.

Also yes, you want to put at least 1 layer of the inner skin and outer skin. Some people even go to the lengths of covering the holes with mesh, or plexi glass and then deaden over that to get a better seal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.