Sound Deadener

qtipextra
5,000+ posts

The Original
I want to sound deaden my rear door (hatch) because it rattle's like a b*tch. But I don't know what to do with it exactly. I am looking at either Damplifier or Damplifier Pro. I will have about 10 sq feet to do. My quesitons are this: Which one should I go with (from above) and on either one, should I double layer it, or is a single layer adequate? I have never dealt with sound deadner before so I don't know how much to add. And, do I apply it to the metal side of the door frame, or the plastic cover side?

Thanks

havent delt with reg damp, but i used damp pro on my front doors and it worked great. Id start with 2 layers an if its not enough jus add more. Are you wanting to do both panels or jus 1?

havent delt with reg damp, but i used damp pro on my front doors and it worked great. Id start with 2 layers an if its not enough jus add more. Are you wanting to do both panels or jus 1?
Whichever is best. But im not made of money either lol

Peel N Seal works and is cheaper
and is used for roofs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

don't skimp out and use a quality product for automotive like second skin, etc.

metal side only is necessary, if you wan to do more you can get closed cell foam in on the plastic; if not then dont use it in the plastic.

If your limited on funds get RAAMAAT since it is by far the best bang for your buck!

Can you order less then a roll of RAAMMat? If I could buy 30 sq ft, I could do 3 layers, and buy 2 yards of ensolite for about 80 bucks total (plus shipping), which is a great deal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.