Sound deadener options?

Radius

So being on a budget I was looking for some affordable options for sound deadener. I found these:

JC Whitney (Yes! JC Whitney) here: HushMat ULTRA SILVER VIBRATION DAMPING FLOOR/DASH KIT - JCWhitney

JC actually has quite a few variations. And bonus if I order before tomorrow night I have a 20% off coupon.

Eastwood: Eastwood Thermo-Coustic Sound Deadener Material

And also b-quiet.com

Does anyone have any info on these products? Any good? The Ultimate stuff from b-quiet looks promising. In my current install I tried using the asphalt roof repair stuff with the aluminum backing from Lowes but it didn't seem to work all that well. Although admittedly I could have done a better job on the doors and I did not do the roof.

Thanks,

Michael

Heard good things about Bquiet. Currently I have about 75 SQFt of Audio Techniq in my ride and it performs well.

Recently I realised that when the trunk closed the glue from the edge of the deadener was contacting the rubber on the trunk. I'm like no problem ill just peel it back and cut off the excess deadener........yeh right.

That ********** is held on like gorilla glue. I eventually just put a piece of aluminum tape over the excess glue, problem solved.

Thanks for the info.

I personally know the guy who owns the local Line-X bedliner place. I wonder if that would do any good at sound deadening? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Michael

no it wont
ya it will.. but not for the price.. Deadening is just adding weight to panels to change the resonating frequency.. adding any weight will do it... but for the price mat would be cheaper

If your on a budget you can get 100 sq ft of fatmat for 125 shipped on eBay.
Sweet.. best price so far. Is 100 sq ft enough to do the entire car? Seem like it might not be. Thanks for the heads up. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Oh.. I wonder why the No Logo stuff is less expensive than the logo stuff? Seems to be the same thickness, etc.

ya it will.. but not for the price.. Deadening is just adding weight to panels to change the resonating frequency.. adding any weight will do it... but for the price mat would be cheaper
I was kinda joking but yeah, I bet it would help. But you're right, even though I know the owner I bet it would still be pretty expensive. And probably really heavy too.

What's your goal? Why not start at one section done properly then when money allows, move to the next.
Mainly because I only want to strip the car down that far once. So I tend to accumulate all my pieces and then go to town. But I need to get going on this project cause I have a road trip planned with the fiance and her kids for the end of July using this car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.