sound dampening

Participant count
  • Participant list
RAA mat seems to be the cheapest 'good' product.

Its price is lower because it has asphalt fillers in it, but it is a pretty good product.

Only cover the middle 25% of each panel.

Or you can go with second skin's spl tiles, or sounddeadenershowdown.com 's products.

their products are equal, so try and bid them against eachother and see which one gives you a better price //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

to stop panels from vibrating, cover the middle 25%

to stop road noise from entering your car / keep your music in your car, you'll need a MLV barrier.

A cheap alternative to an MLV barrier is a MDF / MLV hybrid barrier.

Use 3/4 mdf for areas that are flat, and MLV for areas that are curved. SDS has some nice info. you'll need either closed celled foam or opened celled foam as well (to decouple the barrier).

RAA mat seems to be the cheapest 'good' product.Its price is lower because it has asphalt fillers in it, but it is a pretty good product.

Or you can go with second skin's spl tiles, or sounddeadenershowdown.com 's products.

their products are equal, so try and bid them against eachother and see which one gives you a better price //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

to stop road noise from entering your car / keep your music in your car, you'll need a MLV barrier.

Use 3/4 mdf for areas that are flat, and MLV for areas that are curved. SDS has some nice info. you'll need either closed celled foam or opened celled foam as well (to decouple the barrier).

hahaha, thanks, and it was second skin that i heard about couldnt remember the name off hand, and yeah im lookin to cut back road noise in my tin can like s10 and also get rid of the major flex/vibrations.

There are a lot of great compnaies ou tthere that provide solid sound deadening product. Lots of hacks too.

Here are some good product

Dynamat Extreme

Stinger Road Kill Expert

SDS CLD Tiles

Raammat BXT II

Hushmat

Our products are top notch as well.

ANT

RAA mat seems to be the cheapest 'good' product.Its price is lower because it has asphalt fillers in it, but it is a pretty good product.

Sorry , but that is some terrible advive. I highly doubt bidding them against each other is going to do anything at all. They arent going to pay their bills just from this one sell.

Also, you want to tap on the panels to see where they resonate the most. Thats were you will want to put the deadener.

why hasn't anyone mentioned fat mat except me? It does its job and is more easier to work with than dynamat extreme if i say so myself. and is a helluva lot cheaper. its not bad?

why hasn't anyone mentioned fat mat except me? It does its job and is more easier to work with than dynamat extreme if i say so myself. and is a helluva lot cheaper. its not bad?
Still not nearly at the level of Second Skin, Dyna Xtreme, or SDS stuff. There are mixed reviews of it on this forum.

I guess good points. and i guess when i look it my point is kind of biased because ive only used fat mat on my car and dynamat on some one elses and none of the others. i would like to get my hand on some second skin to tell the difference. i haven't really heard anything bad about them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.