Sound adjustment help?

JohnPD

CarAudio.com Regular
Overall, the systems sounds okay, but sometimes the sound sounds sort of dirty, or muddy maybe. It's hard to describe. I'm using the head units built in amp for the 4 Focal door speakers, and the Mosconi amp for the Rockford Fosgate sail panel tweeters and factory subwoofer. I know nothing about adjusting the crossovers in the head unit, and I know the Focals have built in crossovers. The system is fairly loud to my ears with the volume set on only 10, which isn't even a quarter of the way up. I do have the Dynamat Extreme speaker kit behind all four door speakers also. I listen mostly to rock, classic rock, and blues rock music.
Any suggestions on tweaking the settings?

I'm using the head units built in amp for the 4 Focal door speakers, and the Mosconi amp for the Rockford Fosgate sail panel tweeters and factory subwoofer.
This is an uncommon set up. IMO the Mosconi would be better suited for the front door speakers and the RF tweeters on headunit power. Even though the Focals are loud now, the amp would really give them another dimension. Is the Mosconi a 4 channel?

That head unit is 22w RMS per channel, and the two auditor components I found were 60w RMS. Not sure which ones you have, but those need more power.

Are those auditors, components? Are you running 4 component speakers, and two extra tweeters, 6 tweeters total? (Thats too many).

If life was easy, I would say get a 4 ch amp for the focals, get rid of the sail tweeters, get rid of the factory sub, and get a new sub with a new amp.

Hate to say it, but I don't think that amp fits into your setup. Those are great amps, and I'll bet you would have no problem getting rid of it, but IMO, I would sell or trade that for a 4 ch amp that fits your speakers. Or even a sub with a matching amp.

That head unit is 22w RMS per channel, and the two auditor components I found were 60w RMS. Not sure which ones you have, but those need more power.

Are those auditors, components? Are you running 4 component speakers, and two extra tweeters, 6 tweeters total? (Thats too many).

If life was easy, I would say get a 4 ch amp for the focals, get rid of the sail tweeters, get rid of the factory sub, and get a new sub with a new amp.

Hate to say it, but I don't think that amp fits into your setup. Those are great amps, and I'll bet you would have no problem getting rid of it, but IMO, I would sell or trade that for a 4 ch amp that fits your speakers. Or even a sub with a matching amp.
I have the ACX 165 S Focals.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...