Sony XAV-60 Double-Din Head Unit Review. SLOW!

Participant count
  • Participant list

grillman6000
10+ year member

¿ G0t ThUmP ¿
Hey, whats up !?!

I just got this new Sony XAV-60 double-din unit.... Installed it in my new-used 07 Lincoln MKZ.

Just to give any future buyers a head's up, unit is EXTREMELY SLOW! Moving through menu's and even just going to the next song, the lag is incredible.

I mean, the sound quality of the unit is superb, the menu's are nice and simple, it looks awesome, and the rear usb port is cool even though it loads up snail-slow (ran usb into the glove box).

Also, it is only a 2v unit. So if you are looking for MORE bass, you will need a line driver to up the voltage to get a stronger singnal out to the amp(s).

(I got the Rockford Fosgate RF-BLD line driver which allows you to up the voltage up to 11v unbalanced)

Any other owners of this unit also post up any thoughts you have on the unit as well.

If you have any other questions, go ahead and ask.

Well after owning it for a couple weeks now, I HATE IT.

IT *****. DON'T BUY IT!

It's slow and it doesn't play video off a flash drive. This head unit is useless if you want to use video.

Even when using audio this thing is crazy sloooowwww.... Sometimes I just shut the whole thing off because I don't feel like dealing with the hassle of navigating around the menu's, ect.

Just warning you.

Wow, extremely happy I didn't go with this unit. I was going to pick one up along with a bit-one but decided on a W205/H701 combo instead. Thanks for the review.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.