Sony HU problem

andar
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have the CDX-M8815X and I'm having trouble with it. It's been in my truck for a little over a year now and the truck has been sitting for about 2 months now w/o operation and I just got in it to see and make sure everything still works and my HU is acting weird.

When I press the volume up it activates the DSO option or the SOUND menu. and the

I think my warrenty is probably up, but im going to contact sony anyways tonight. Anybody have any suggestions on what to do?

i tried it, it didn't help

edit: it helped the volume buttons to work but the track back button still doesn't work

i called sony and i dont think i am in warrenty any longer. so any1 know how to fix this or a cheap repair center?

Your HU is on it's way out and is giving it's dying throws.

I have a Sony CDX-M630 HU and the same deal happens....is your's a motorized flip down face?

Yeah thats what I thought.It is a motorized faceplate right?Did anyone try and push the face plate open faster.

Just use the remote control and you'll be fine untill you get a new HU.

Yeah thats what I thought.It is a motorized faceplate right?Did anyone try and push the face plate open faster.

I don't think anybody pushed the motorized faceplate, I dont remember doing it and I know none of my friends did. That leaves my dad, guess I'll have to steal his alpine and in-car computer.

Just use the remote control and you'll be fine untill you get a new HU.
i lost my remote 5 months ago //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

maybe he should just hit the reset button........u know it might work. lol just ****in around, i had that problem on mine too but that was only when it was really cold outside, do you have this problem after the cd player has been on for awhile?

Sony hu's aint that bad, mine survived for 3 years didn't have one problem with it, and it had more features and sounded better than my alpine now:)

yeah..but with my paycheck only 30 bucks this week, i dont think i can spend any money on a new one

im thinking about sending it to sony but i can see them telling me it will cost $400 to fix

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.