Someone in my neighborhood has tabs on my car and keeps braking in

I drive a black honda civic tinted black windows. I have an alarm but its really basic, came with the car. I don't really keep it up anymore its kinda dirty and theres wires hanging out of the seat from all the times its been broken into and everythings been stolen. It was broken into about 3 times in the last year. 2 of which were when I was in Iraq. 4 times all together. I'm fed up. First time window was smashed headunit only. second time they stole subs + amps + headunit. replaced everything. third time they stole the amp subs the headunit was saved because my dad took the faceplate with him. forth time I didn't replace anything I was sick and tired and just had my alpine headunit left. I would take it off every night at my house. Sometimes leaving it in my car or taking it with me in the house. Well this last time I took off the face plate and left it in my glove compartment. I wonder why they chanced it but they got lucky I didn't take it with me. I don't know exactly how they opened the door? I think the window was slightly cracked open and that plastic trimming thats on the window is kind of loose. but they poped the hood pulled the power so the alarm stopped. They pulled the headunit found the faceplate and threw everything around that was in the glove compartment didn't take any registration papers or my sweater that was in the back. Now I'm left with nothing except my speakers 6 1/2 and 6x9's which never been tampered with. *****.

It can be about 3 different people/groups that I know. I used to brag about it to lots of people but i'm more mature now. 2 people that live around the corner that i never see anymore and 1 person that hangs around the apartments over here, I'm pretty sure hes doing it or knows whats going on. I confronted him one night he said it was "the mexicans". but he hangs out with all the scum around here so i'm pretty sure he has a clue. it really ***** though.

So I'm ready to strap down and get a real alarm and start being smart the way everything is installed and taking the face plate everywhere, special screws/bolts and I need to get a gun! So does anyone have any suggestions? I don't really want to hastle installing everything myself but we'll see what happens. I don't have many tools laying around I might as well start getting some. But wheres a good place to get an alarm? I'll start there. How much am I looking to spend? I'm probably not getting that much from insurance this time around since it was only my headunit I'm going to try and get an estimate on the trimming and some other damage. I look forward to any advice.

well it sounds like some1 really doesnt like you. and if thats the case, any alarm wont matter. set up a camera to tape where you park. youll end up with tons and tons of worthless tapes, but when you get the jerkoff's face on camera, youll thank your lucky stars that you set it up.

i'd get an alarm and maybe even a dog?(or do you live in an apartment)?but yeah definately bolt everything down, maybe even tie your subs to your box so they can't unscrew them when they realize the box is bolted down. before i go to bed i always look out the window and check on it (i have a hatch so you can see everything) plus a lot of the houses around here have dogs that bark at everything, and my alarm, but my box is pretty danm heavy on its own. sorry bout the thievery though

camp outside with a bat and when u see someone around ur car or something go beat the F*ck out of them, and just say u where protecting ur house from a breakin.

seriously man, if you get a new alarm, dont buy cheap. i have a viper xv790. if im not mistaken, its the top of the line model (except the new xv791 which just has a new responder). expect $200-300 for the install (do not do it yourslef, unless youve done it before). my alarm is amazing, 2-way responded, remote start, 1/4mile responder range, etc. but if your having a really bad problem, im telling you, set up a camera. eventually youll catch every1 who wants to get you. and you wont have to worry anymore.

HRM when I get my new stereo i might be able to sleep in the backseat one night and see what happens. plus i have 5% tint in the back. i need to find some certified alarm dealers that can rig them the smart way!

seriously man, if you get a new alarm, dont buy cheap. i have a viper xv790. if im not mistaken, its the top of the line model (except the new xv791 which just has a new responder). expect $200-300 for the install (do not do it yourslef, unless youve done it before). my alarm is amazing, 2-way responded, remote start, 1/4mile responder range, etc. but if your having a really bad problem, im telling you, set up a camera. eventually youll catch every1 who wants to get you. and you wont have to worry anymore.
X2 dont get cheap ****, cause i will screw up or what not. And camera's work but they are expensive for a quality one, if not get a motion sensor that lights up when one person walks by so if ur room is next to it u will see the light come on.

first off get a gun, second dont leave it in your car cause they'll steal that too,

get a real good paging alarm, they work very well cause when your shock sensor goes off and make your alarm chirp, it lets you know, and yada yada yada

if you want the best get a clifford, they make some high tech ****

if you know who did it go take em out **** those mother ****ers

showing it off your stuff isn;t a good idea and most likely it was someone that knew you, or your car. and also the worst idea is showing people you don't know where you live or what you got. I don't show shady people where I live or what I got. and I don't advertise it like a mother heffer. my car is STOCK on the outside cept for the tinted windows. things like rims, body kits, wings, euros, bodykits, fart pipes,cf hood, graphics ALL attract attention to your car. obviosly whoever is stealing your **** knows where your car lives and they always will unless you move. which I would do considering this isn't a one time thing

Just give em the car, leave the keys in it and wait. Now after they have reinstalled all your stuff and repainted the car you can steal it back.

Seriously though, get an alarm the has a siren with a battery backup, that way they can cut the wire and the alarm will keep screaming away, also, it sounds like moving to a new neighborhood would be a good plan because they may try to steal your home entertainment stuff next, and getting into a gun fight at 3 am in your underwear *****.

The way I see it you should do three things:

1) Get a good alarm with a battery backup siren.

2) Set up a video camera to catch the basterds on film.

3) BEAT THE LIVING **** OUT OF THE THIEFS!

Good luck!

-Defcon

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.