some tracks sound like ***, some really awesome

We all basically mentioned that about adding the bass....mp3's lack other frequencies as well from original recording, which an epicenter will do nothing for....
I think you're confused as to who needs clarification in this thread. I'm fully aware of both topics being discussed, I simply graced you with my presence to make a distinction about the way the Epicenter works. Some (most) are under the influence that it works the same as the boost feature on your amplifier, or that of a band of equalization. It's neither. It's a real-time tracking device that supplies artificial/synthesized bass lines that didn't exist in the original recording. What I typed had relevance to both the missing information in MP3's and the bickering about the Epicenter fixing that problem. Does it supply the missing bits of info in the MP3? No. Will it work as intended, even though those bits are missing? Absolutely.

i say you just look into VBR encoded mp3's or a form of lossless audio like flac or apple lossless. they make even the worst stock systems sound amazing. i showed DonH on here and he seemed really impressed by the difference in quality, especially on a good system. dont spend money when you can get better quality music files.

I think you're confused as to who needs clarification in this thread. I'm fully aware of both topics being discussed, I simply graced you with my presence to make a distinction about the way the Epicenter works. Some (most) are under the influence that it works the same as the boost feature on your amplifier, or that of a band of equalization. It's neither. It's a real-time tracking device that supplies artificial/synthesized bass lines that didn't exist in the original recording. What I typed had relevance to both the missing information in MP3's and the bickering about the Epicenter fixing that problem. Does it supply the missing bits of info in the MP3? No. Will it work as intended, even though those bits are missing? Absolutely.
Lolers at simply gracing us with your presence! God is that you?

Fair enough in retort....just basically what we all have said, just not so technical, lol!

Lolers at simply gracing us with your presence! God is that you?
Fair enough in retort....just basically what we all have said, just not so technical, lol!
Was only kidding about that bit. I grinned while I typed it since I'm not usually so sarcastic. No beef, though. All in good spirits.

I dont know if he is the most SQ-oriented person on here......James Bang is pretty big into it....but Whitedragon is like wayyyyy cooler than that dude..
Havent seen James Bang in awhile come to mention it.....thank god!

Poof, he should be here in 3, 2, 1....lol!
Glad to see i was missed. I could always count on you snookums

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.