some tracks sound like ***, some really awesome

Uhhh you can't "restore" badly-encoded mp3s, you have to start with a good recording. Digital music is not like an old car ya know. My old Clarion decks has a feature that's suppose to fix bad mp3s but it doesn't do crap, it actually made it sound worse.

Instead of spending more money why not just get good-quality mp3s? Ain't that hard to find a free, good copy of anything you want on torrent sites.
The Epicenter will make any recording -- lacking bass a little bit -- heavier on the bass. Proof is in the video IMO dude in the video has a very similar setup to the OP, single sub, nice amp , etc...and It makes a noticable difference even when he finds a nicely recorded track to test it on.

Bottom **** line is it will improve your system even if minutely. Worth $150? Yes. I've spent $150 on -- a relatively short piece of -- wire..

/Thread

Haters go troll elsewhere OP lost interest in your petty words and is already ordering the Audiocontrol.

reposts are like shooting a dead man twice, just making sure you got the point across //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Repost Wingman. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

You two seriously disappoint me. This hobby is about fidgeting with components, installing stuff, and getting satisfaction from a job well done and good sounding toons...You guys are on a whole little elitist island that nobody ******* cares about...Jesus Christ...Go outside man lol.

I mean one day I plan on us meeting and showing off our respective gear, but dang man, it gets old.

Demotivational-pictures-basement_Dweller.jpg

It worked well with craptastic recordings but I didn't like it when it added bass to songs that are already full of bass like Lil Jon's Get Low. Then I got smarter and stopped downloading badly-encoded mp3s.

If I REALLY want a song to shine for demos then I'd just whip out my Sound Forge and tweak the songs individually with the built-in parametric EQ and all that jazz - but that still isn't going to help if the original file sounds like a cassette tape that's been dubbed like 3 times.

I am lol'ing at dude suggesting an epicenter to make MP3's sound better.... I mean really!
Thanks for the laugh....
Stfu sheep you are a follower that knows next to nothing about anything. You probably laugh at stuff like "Larry the cable guy" your laughter says more about you than it does me.

Idiots like you seem to forget I'm not the one claiming anything lol. If I did claim anything it's because I believe the engineers and designers at AudioControl way more than I trust you people.

Watch the videos and Email Audiocontrol for misinformation, maybe sue them for false advertising.....I mean really!

Dude, it just adds bass....it dont help the rest of the recording....which is more than just bass...I mean really!

Another trolll who got bant and under an AE name. Which moron are you?

And sometimes I do laugh at Larry the Cable guy's stuff, so what.....I laugh at you being an idiot as well.

Stfu sheep you are a follower that knows next to nothing about anything. You probably laugh at stuff like "Larry the cable guy" your laughter says more about you than it does me.Idiots like you seem to forget I'm not the one claiming anything lol. If I did claim anything it's because I believe the engineers and designers at AudioControl way more than I trust you people.

Watch the videos and Email Audiocontrol for misinformation, maybe sue them for false advertising.....I mean really!
Following that logic you also trust that BOSS says they have an amp that does 5000w that the amp actually does 5000w.

I dont know if he is the most SQ-oriented person on here......James Bang is pretty big into it....but Whitedragon is like wayyyyy cooler than that dude..

Havent seen James Bang in awhile come to mention it.....thank god!

Poof, he should be here in 3, 2, 1....lol!

As a user of the Epicenter for over 15 years, I feel somewhat obligated to post.

It does actually add a synthesized bass line that didn't exist in the original signal. It does this by tracking the upper harmonics and sending in the corresponding low frequency sine wave underneath it, exactly one octave below what it is tracking. Plenty of shitty MP3's are missing some but not all of the bits necessary to make it possible for the Epicenter to do it's job and make things more enjoyable. I love using it on early 80's, rather anemic-sounding, recordings.

I'm not taking sides, I don't think the Epicenter is going to fix the OP's main problem, which mod dragon has already addressed. It will do other things that may or may not add to his listening enjoyment.

As a user of the Epicenter for over 15 years, I feel somewhat obligated to post.
It does actually add a synthesized bass line that didn't exist in the original signal. It does this by tracking the upper harmonics and sending in the corresponding low frequency sine wave underneath it, exactly one octave below what it is tracking. Plenty of shitty MP3's are missing some but not all of the bits necessary to make it possible for the Epicenter to do it's job and make things more enjoyable. I love using it on early 80's, rather anemic-sounding, recordings.

I'm not taking sides, I don't think the Epicenter is going to fix the OP's main problem, which mod dragon has already addressed. It will do other things that may or may not add to his listening enjoyment.
We all basically mentioned that about adding the bass....mp3's lack other frequencies as well from original recording, which an epicenter will do nothing for....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.