Some Questions on the Audioque 2.0 8s

Participant count
  • Participant list

The_Grimy_One
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Phoenix, AZ
Has anyone ran these 8s before? In a ported enclosure would they yield some good output with retaining some SQ? I assume that Audioque subs are mainly SPL oriented, no? Also does anyone know what size box they call for and what frequency? I am thinking of running 4 of these in a ported box. I would give each one around 300 watts RMS...

i would do 33. i had 2 8's tuned to 33 and it got plenty low without sacrificing much of your upper end bass.
Ok, sounds good to me. I am just weighing some options. I haven't dealt with porting much, usually just seal it up. But may go ported for the extra output, especially with 8s. Did your 8s yield some descent SPL?

Ok, sounds good to me. I am just weighing some options. I haven't dealt with porting much, usually just seal it up. But may go ported for the extra output, especially with 8s. Did your 8s yield some descent SPL?
he had DD's...yes they did. lol

i didn't run the SD 2.0's, i had DD 1008's. they are a bit beefier than the SD2.0's but yeah they def. got pretty loud for what they were. you should be plenty happy with 4 of them.

if you need a design i suggest hitting up RAM_Designs he made the design for my 8 box and it came out perfect

he had DD's...yes they did. lol
Well I am not set on getting some DDs right now, but may think about it if I can get my iDMax's sold for a descent price. Wish I had a bigger vehicle, would just run my iDMax's ported. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

i didn't run the SD 2.0's, i had DD 1008's. they are a bit beefier than the SD2.0's but yeah they def. got pretty loud for what they were. you should be plenty happy with 4 of them.
if you need a design i suggest hitting up RAM_Designs he made the design for my 8 box and it came out perfect
Yea, I didnt figure you had the 2.0s since they did just come out, just figured 8s all kind of act similar. But I can imagine some DDs doing work! And ok, thanks. Ill hit him up. Stuck with my Dodge Neon trunk for now :/

Well I am not set on getting some DDs right now, but may think about it if I can get my iDMax's sold for a descent price. Wish I had a bigger vehicle, would just run my iDMax's ported. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
if i were you i would go with 2 1508's if you can find some. idk how well they would match up against the 4 SD2.0's but they are def. some pretty powerful 8's. either those or a pair of SA-8's. throw 1.5k at them and you'll be more than happy lol

if i were you i would go with 2 1508's if you can find some. idk how well they would match up against the 4 SD2.0's but they are def. some pretty powerful 8's. either those or a pair of SA-8's. throw 1.5k at them and you'll be more than happy lol
I plan to use both my 3+4 and 5+6 channels for lows on my Zed Leviathan, so I should be able to throw 1200 watts or so at whatever I choose. I mean I could go ahead and run 2 SA-8s, just wasnt sure how much they could take. Another set up was maybe 4 SSA DCONs, sealed of course. But if you are suggesting throwing that kind of dedicated power to the 2 SAs, then hell, I should be cool. Lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.