• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 703
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

I am ordering one 2002 model kicker S12L7 dual 4 ohm... The new solos handle 750 watts RMS and i was wondering what type of amp you guys would recommend for me. I dont want to spend much more than 300 dollars on an amp, but i was looking at a rockford 800.2, will this amp work? I dont want to feed it too many watts and damage the speaker, but i want it to slam hard. What other amps would you guys suggest preferably in the $200-300 price range that would make the speaker knock.

One more thing...I am making my own box and i was wondering what type of enclosure will make this speaker sound best : sealed or ported. what size of each; i want punchy, hard bass and i know that calls for a smaller sealed box... but i also would like it to be loud and clean. Can anyone with experience with the L7's tell me what enclosure specs would be good.

thanks for your input in advance.

I have 2 10"L7 each hooked up to a JL500/1 and i have blown my subs a few times now(thank god for warrenties). So that amp should work well for-ya. Also a RF power bd500.1. Phoenix Gold ZX600TI that will do a number on ur sub.

If you got the space go for a ported/vented box and with one of the amps above, people will think that you have 2 12's good luck.

this site should help you out with the box specs and other info.

http://www.kicker.com/images/manuals/02SoloBaricL7manual.pdf[/url] http://

This site will give you a good picture of what the vented box should look like.

http://www.kicker.com/images/manuals/SoloL7Man.pdf

If you have any other questions just ask.

hard hitting bass= sealed

hanging bass= ported

i dont have experience with the new l7 but i think the amps mentioned will just do fine

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.