Some of the best SQ subs ever made..?

Hertz subs are nice, focal and morel are sick too. W6's are very smooth as well in a proper box. its all down to taste. id prefer 2 smaller subs in a sealed box or a low tuned ported.
@SPLaudio ; can hook you the F up if you want to spend a bit of cash

Matt

My 2010 re xxx 12" has some awesome sound quality due to its extension. Low notes, and I mean around low to mid 20's +are smooth. Higher notes are a little bit more of a struggle, may just be my box and amp and tuning but it's fine.

But yes most of what is listed will be great sq op. minus the dd and os. My v1 w3's were bad a$$ in their sealed box off of my alpine pdx.

Also eclipse is good. The new stuff not so much, heard good and bad from it. But my older eclipse with the tc motors were great subs and got loud and had awesome sq off little power.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mat3833']Hertz subs are nice, focal and morel are sick too. W6's are very smooth as well in a proper box. its all down to taste. id prefer 2 smaller subs in a sealed box or a low tuned ported.
@SPLaudio ; can hook you the F up if you want to spend a bit of cash

Matt[/QUOTE]

Didn't care for my Hertz

Imo its easier to distinguish spl because its what you do hear that shows that type of sub, whereas an sq sub its more about what you you dont hear that is present in other subs.. im not sure about tasting the bass, but hearing vs feeling seems like an ok description. Its also about how well the sub can transition from low to high notes at different speeds. XBL and frequency range are good specs to look at. Sq goes beyond just the sub, youd also have to be picky about what amp, box, and wiring is used. It also depends on how much power you want, its easiest to find sq in the 500-750watt/per sub range:

~500watts - Soundsplinter rl-p

~750watts - Incriminator Audio Flatlyne

~1000+watts - 04 RE XXX (more sql, but whatever)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.