Some more of my work

That cutty is an 85, I am building a fiberglass box for it right now, doing the insides and hope to paint it by the weekend. I have only used PPG a couple of times but they seem to have good products. When you make a color at the paint store you put in binder, flop control,and the pigment together to make a color. When you do a tri-stage or mid-stage you just use the binder and flop control mixed with pearl. You reduce this as if it were the normal base you use, then spray it over your base followed by your clear.

I understand what you are talking about now. I don't know what the binder is and all of that but I can ask the paint shop about it. Is it harder to spray the binder or to spray with the pearl in the clear? You ever used gold pearl on top of a maroon base? I am planning on doing tan pinstriping and I need something to match my tan. Also whenever you get the cutlass done get some pics of everything. What color are you painting it? Also what kind of subs and such?

Thanks again...

I understand what you are talking about now. I don't know what the binder is and all of that but I can ask the paint shop about it. Is it harder to spray the binder or to spray with the pearl in the clear? You ever used gold pearl on top of a maroon base? I am planning on doing tan pinstriping and I need something to match my tan. Also whenever you get the cutlass done get some pics of everything. What color are you painting it? Also what kind of subs and such?

Thanks again...
I dont know what would be harder it would all depend on what is harder to you spraying base or clear. I have used gold over red before... Cant tell you what color the cutty is going right now. 2 10" solobarics and a concept amp for now though on the stereo.

The doorjambs look great on that VW! All the paintjobs I've had done were never that down and dirty (my doorjambs weren't painted at all) or that nice. How much should something that detailed run? Also, do you use an airless or a compressor? I'd also like to get into painting, just small time little things like interior pieces but I'm curious.

I dont know what would be harder it would all depend on what is harder to you spraying base or clear. I have used gold over red before... Cant tell you what color the cutty is going right now. 2 10" solobarics and a concept amp for now though on the stereo.

Ok I think I see. Sorry for all of the questions I just really enjoy looking at this stuff. Also which produces better results, the "binder" or just putting it in the clear? Do you double up on the pearl?

Sorry for all of the questions..

Thanks again.

The doorjambs look great on that VW! All the paintjobs I've had done were never that down and dirty (my doorjambs weren't painted at all) or that nice. How much should something that detailed run? Also, do you use an airless or a compressor? I'd also like to get into painting, just small time little things like interior pieces but I'm curious.[/QUo
Somthing as detailed as the vw, about $1800 to start. I use a normal compressor.

Thanks again, JD

Ok I think I see. Sorry for all of the questions I just really enjoy looking at this stuff. Also which produces better results, the "binder" or just putting it in the clear? Do you double up on the pearl?

Sorry for all of the questions..

Thanks again.

No problem, I think the pearl in the midcoat "binder" looks better. It seems to give more flip. As for how much pearl thats up to you I always use more than they say but if you use too much it will look cloudy or the color wont flip as much.

No problem, I think the pearl in the midcoat "binder" looks better. It seems to give more flip. As for how much pearl thats up to you I always use more than they say but if you use too much it will look cloudy or the color wont flip as much.

I'll try to find out how to get the "binder" then. So how much pearl do you recommend? I was gonna use more because I want it to flip all of the time, not ust when the sun hits it at this angle or that angle. I guess like flip-flop paint but not that extensive. Hopefully it will turn out alright. We will be going to the shop sometime so I'll get pictures and post them. Also we are shaving the trunk key hole just to protect the system and give it an extra custom touch. Whenever you get that cutty done let me know.

Thanks again.

Hey, i am for sure going to be in FLA the beginning of junes for like at least 10days. i have a 1992 dodge dakota ext. cab truck. What would be a general price (i wouldn't hold you to it or anything, just a ballpark range) of one solid color red. Like a price for flat red, and a price for a metallic red. My truck is just looking real shitty cuz of the paint, i don't need anything near show quality, just want to make it look better and more acceptable instead of cracked/flaked off paint here and there. Obviosly it's old, i'm gonna keep it till it dies...just want it to look better. LMK man, or hit me up on AIM:ngbd13 and we can talk. thanx. peace

NG

I'll try to find out how to get the "binder" then. So how much pearl do you recommend? I was gonna use more because I want it to flip all of the time, not ust when the sun hits it at this angle or that angle. I guess like flip-flop paint but not that extensive. Hopefully it will turn out alright. We will be going to the shop sometime so I'll get pictures and post them. Also we are shaving the trunk key hole just to protect the system and give it an extra custom touch. Whenever you get that cutty done let me know.

Thanks again.
Just tell them you are painting a tri-stage paint job and you want the second stage without pearl in it because you want to add your own. How much start with it up to you I start at 2 teaspoons per quart, spray some test pannels first. Each coat can greatly alter the final apperance.

Hey, i am for sure going to be in FLA the beginning of junes for like at least 10days. i have a 1992 dodge dakota ext. cab truck. What would be a general price (i wouldn't hold you to it or anything, just a ballpark range) of one solid color red. Like a price for flat red, and a price for a metallic red. My truck is just looking real shitty cuz of the paint, i don't need anything near show quality, just want to make it look better and more acceptable instead of cracked/flaked off paint here and there. Obviosly it's old, i'm gonna keep it till it dies...just want it to look better. LMK man, or hit me up on AIM:ngbd13 and we can talk. thanx. peace
NG
Its really hard to give a quote without a pic, especially when you say it has chipping paint. That usually means it needs to be stripped. Do you want inside the bed sprayed or the door or hood jams? Any dents? I don't touch any thing for less that $800. If that helps any but let me know more details cause your truck would me more anyway, thanks JD...

Just tell them you are painting a tri-stage paint job and you want the second stage without pearl in it because you want to add your own. How much start with it up to you I start at 2 teaspoons per quart, spray some test pannels first. Each coat can greatly alter the final apperance.

Ok I'll try that.

Thanks for everything...

Can u paint wire rims also? Powder coat?
What about shave handles and air suspension???

LOL i might b in FL for a while, want some $$$???

Let me know!
I can shave whatever, yes I do air I like hydros better but will do air. What kind of car, or truck? Powdercoated spokes like these I dont do them but I sell them.

218598_202_full.jpg

218598_203_full.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.