Some help with subwoofer choice.

You can always listen for a little rattling (loose or broken voice coils) but I would make him pull out the sub to look it over before handing over your $. You have every right to ask. Sometimes there might not be an indicator and it can just go. If its some random street thumper that does not know in depth car audio, I would bring a multimeter with you and test the voice coils for what ohm's each is (might be stamped or marked on the bottom of the sub too) and look to see how they have it wired up to the amp. A lot of novice boomers dont even know what ohms are and just wire it up to an amp and pray for the best.
Alright thank you man. Now I just need some people who have dealt with Power Acoustic BL to let me know about the reliability/durability.

Alright thank you man. Now I just need some people who have dealt with Power Acoustic BL to let me know about the reliability/durability.

To me, the price alone says it all. I saw a 10 PA BL going for $35 new. Do yourself a favor and check out the Kenwood KFC-W3012 for a low level sub. I picked up one for fun and it didnt sound 1/2 bad for what it was. New, you can get it for like $45 with free shipping from Amazon or ebay. The "higher end" Power Acoustik subs are decent subs but just like anything, you get what you pay for.

To me, the price alone says it all. I saw a 10 PA BL going for $35 new. Do yourself a favor and check out the Kenwood KFC-W3012 for a low level sub. I picked up one for fun and it didnt sound 1/2 bad for what it was. New, you can get it for like $45 with free shipping from Amazon or ebay. The "higher end" Power Acoustik subs are decent subs but just like anything, you get what you pay for.
I can't find the KFC as a 15"

I'm thinking about just going with this Amazon.com: Kicker 10C154 (C154 COMP15) 15" Comp Series 4 Ohm 500 Watts Car Subwoofer: Car Electronics

i'm sorry guys but you need too rename this thread ,the noob thread ,i dont know shlt ,please help now !!!!

dont buy the pa sub its utter garbage.look around on the forum here you can find a sub that will work for you at a good price

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.