Some guidance on FT1 Super Tweets

Iosias
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
How much power do you think they could handle? Just ordered a C1100.4 from Crescendo and not sure if id need 4 ohm or 8 ohm FT1s. Only running a pair, one per channel along with 2 PWK 6.5s per channel on the other two channels.

Any guidance from everybody would be greatly appreciated.

I wouldnt even amp them I would try the headunit I amped mine they were just that 8ohms at 75 watts at 4 ohm so got even less power and they were loud as **** way too loud for my liking that was with the gain all the way down sometimes they are still too loud on the hu

[quote name='NASTY08IMPALA']@rebelfromva; has some aq st1 and said they can get harsh on hu power...that is a beast amp buy some more 6.5 and actually put it to work..or sell it to me[/QUOTE]

Lol they get harsh in any power then just being a horn on hu power they are reasonable and he is talking about the new crescendo ft1's not the aq

I would not run more than 1 super tweet per side unless you like stupid harsh tweets.
Why would more then 1 per side make them harsh if they're not harsh to begin with? Running more per side would give you the overall volume you want without having to push them as hard which means less distortion/harshness.

I run 4 AQ's per side in my A pillars and it sounds very good, not harsh or shrilly at all. Just gotta spend a little time tuning...

Why would more then 1 per side make them harsh if they're not harsh to begin with? Running more per side would give you the overall volume you want without having to push them as hard which means less distortion/harshness.
I run 4 AQ's per side in my A pillars and it sounds very good, not harsh or shrilly at all. Just gotta spend a little time tuning...
Im tempted to go with 4 softdome silk tweeters instead of the pair of supertweeters, I figure with 4 I will be good on loundness but keep softer cleaner sound.

That's just what I was about to say. The AQ don't really sound harsh and even though they're rated lower they get loud enough.

Im tempted to go with 4 softdome silk tweeters instead of the pair of supertweeters, I figure with 4 I will be good on loundness but keep softer cleaner sound.
I had 8 3/4" soft dome HiVi's per A pillar in my last set up and they did very well, but I prefer a metal dome or supertweeter. Soft domes sound kind of dull and lifeless to me...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.