Some Advice on replacing Front Door Speakers on 06 Grand Cherokee

WTF. Midrange is not the same as midbass. Midranges also do not play midbass. Id love to see you get close to midbass frequencies out of a 3" midrange driver.
Do you want to compare midrange knowledge with a demo? Or are you going to keep talking trash? Last I looked we where not talking about 3 inch mids. Midbass is 60-200hz. If you haven't had a midrange that can do it get better midranges

Do you want to compare midrange knowledge with a demo? Or are you going to keep talking trash? Last I looked we where not talking about 3 inch mids. Midbass is 60-200hz. If you haven't had a midrange that can do it get better midranges
I have forgotten more than you even know and have schooled you in every thread we have ever been in at the same time.

If you think a midrange can play low midbass with any sort of authority (for a speaker) like the OP wants you are a fool. A midrange is meant to blend the range between midbass and tweeter. Your mid range is not playing from 60Hz-2000Hz, atleast not with any kind of accuracy.

I have forgotten more than you even know and have schooled you in every thread we have ever been in at the same time.
If you think a midrange can play low midbass with any sort of authority (for a speaker) like the OP wants you are a fool. A midrange is meant to blend the range between midbass and tweeter. Your mid range is not playing from 60Hz-2000Hz, atleast not with any kind of accuracy.
Maybe yours don't. You have schooled but never showed anything. All hot air

And didn't I mention dedicated midbass?

Maybe yours don't. You have schooled but never showed anything. All hot air
And didn't I mention dedicated midbass?
LOL what? I have schooled you several times. That means proving you wrong in every thread we have ever been in. Hot air or not, Im right and you are wrong.

I dont want bass coming out of the midrange speakers I have in the dash, I just want to replace them, since they are cracking when I pay at high level of sound. Idc if they are bassy or not. And I know midrange blends. I never asked for bass coming out of them. I just want good quality Sound.

You mean your opinion has proven me wrong. Do you think your opinion matters?
My facts have proved you wrong, your just to blind and ignorant to realize it.

Can a 3", 4", or 5.25" midrange do any justice in the midbass department? Not to my midbass preference but 6.5" and up sure can!
Last time I looked at my 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee, it doesnt have a 6.5" midrange in the stock location. I just happen to drive one that is identical to the OP's.

I dont want bass coming out of the midrange speakers I have in the dash, I just want to replace them, since they are cracking when I pay at high level of sound. Idc if they are bassy or not. And I know midrange blends. I never asked for bass coming out of them. I just want good quality Sound.
Again the single best thing you can do is do a proper install. From the manufacturer doors and panels are not optimal. They need to be treated with deadener, closed cell foam, and mass loaded vinyl. The best speakers in the world are useless if they are in a crappy door or dash. That rule applies the other way too. A mediocre set of speakers can be made to sound great in the proper environment.

I personally would look for a decent 3 way component set and an amp and spend the rest on the deadener, CCF, and MLV. Something like the Eclipse SC8365, Powrebass 2XL 60.3C, or PPI P65C3 comps and a decent 2 channel amp that does about 125wrms @4 per channel.

My facts have proved you wrong, your just to blind and ignorant to realize it.

Last time I looked at my 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee, it doesnt have a 6.5" midrange in the stock location. I just happen to drive one that is identical to the OP's.

Again the single best thing you can do is do a proper install. From the manufacturer doors and panels are not optimal. They need to be treated with deadener, closed cell foam, and mass loaded vinyl. The best speakers in the world are useless if they are in a crappy door or dash. That rule applies the other way too. A mediocre set of speakers can be made to sound great in the proper environment.

I personally would look for a decent 3 way component set and an amp and spend the rest on the deadener, CCF, and MLV. Something like the Eclipse SC8365, Powrebass 2XL 60.3C, or PPI P65C3 comps and a decent 2 channel amp that does about 125wrms @4 per channel.
Now why a 3 way comp set? Cuz right now the door speakers r just midbass and I do like how that sounds. Or will a 3 way speaker sound better in the door? I like the midrange in dash to have the tweet n highs there n the lows in the door.

Also many say I should go with the cdt speakers. The mx line comp set but IIdk if I want to spend 350 on a comp set.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.