Some advice needed on speaker selection...

jesse977
10+ year member

I have a 2000 Jeep Wrangler. I want some more bass so I went to my local stereo guy too see what sub box would fit in my small trunk compartment. The only box that would fit was a 8 inch sub box. I asked my buddies and they all have different advice. One guy says its better to have a pair a 6x9's. One guy said its better to have a 8 inch bazooka style box. Another said to buy a 10 inch sub and build a box for it so it could fit in the small trunk compartment. What do u guys recommend?

well if you want more bass i wouldnt recommend 6X9's. Dont get a bazooka tube, they sound horrible imo. How big is your trunk? If you could fit that 10 then do it. Check out subs that need i guess 1 ft^3 > box volume.

There is enough room behind a Wrangler seat to do 2 small enclosure 10's (.5 cu. ft.) ea. I'd recommend having an enclosure made, or make it yourself, for 1 10" or 2 according to how much bass your looking for. If you take the top off the Jeep an 8 won't do too much. And for God's sake don't put 6 x 9's back there.

There is enough room behind a Wrangler seat to do 2 small enclosure 10's (.5 cu. ft.) ea. I'd recommend having an enclosure made, or make it yourself, for 1 10" or 2 according to how much bass your looking for. If you take the top off the Jeep an 8 won't do too much. And for God's sake don't put 6 x 9's back there.
a single 10" ported if you have the room, or a 8" ported would get the job done.

There's only about 1 cu. ft of space available back there unless you use 1/2 in. MDF so I don't think that would be enough for most 10's ported. But you're right it would be enough for an 8. An 8" JBL GTO might be a good option, I'd still go with a 10 just because it's a convertible.

There's only about 1 cu. ft of space available back there unless you use 1/2 in. MDF so I don't think that would be enough for most 10's ported. But you're right it would be enough for an 8. An 8" JBL GTO might be a good option, I'd still go with a 10 just because it's a convertible.
a dd 8" or L5 8" would be good options as well.

Well if you don't end up gettin' a sub go with the JL Audio ZR series. Best Bass response I've ever heard out of speakers before in my life!

-Nick-

Thanks for all the help..the problem is that I want a sub box that will fit in my very small trunk space of my Jeep. I tried out a bunch of sub boxes and the only sub box that fit is a 8 inch box. I ride around with no doors and the top down so thats the reason why I want to keep the sub in my trunk. I will probably end up building one myself. I just want to know if there was a box that would fit in my trunk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.