Solution to rear view mirror tilting from hella bass

Tommyxm

CarAudio.com Newbie
Alright so If you cut a piece of cardboard to the same shape as the mounting bracket and u fit it into the rear view mirror after you've unscrewed it u can shove it back on to the metal plate and that will help eliminate the tilt.

I normally just take them down, I had one get ripped off the windshield once and it chipped it, causing me to have to replace the whole windshield.

Alright so If you cut a piece of cardboard to the same shape as the mounting bracket and u fit it into the rear view mirror after you've unscrewed it u can shove it back on to the metal plate and that will help eliminate the tilt.
i doubt this solution works, just take it off. youll find thru trial and error that you basically have to choose between big bass and a rearview when you have a car that has a vibration issue. My old i30t had a great rearview and never had an issue, but my accord is a different story

Set it and super glue the joints. If that doesnt work nothing will
even then its iffy as the windshield will flex like a mofo. Mine moved so much it ripped the rearview off completely and even took the inside layer of glass with it. Glue on the chunk of metal attached to the glass held up better than the glass itself after 50 bajillion back and forths

Set it and super glue the joints. If that doesnt work nothing will
Pretty much this. I assume you've got an older car and the joint on the mirror is worn and loose. If you want to keep the mirror then set it where you want and epoxy that ***** in place. Cardboard will not help at all.

I throw mine out. As long as I have my outside mirrors on the vehicle, Its legal to travel down the road in this state.I cant hardly see out of them half the time at 3/4 tilt 

i had a similar query quite some time ago and got the same replies. The only thing that can be done is to change the resonant frequency of the rearview itself. But even that will yield only minimal results. The cardboard idea is pretty well bunk, as all it would be doing is adding a suspension component, or even a less effective gasket component. Depending on the car, there really isnt much you can do to mitigate this especially if the rearview is directly connected to the windshield. sometimes if its connected to the ceiling, then you can do somewhat better if you stiffen the sheetmetal around it or just deaden the fuwk out of it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.