SoloX Vs. Jackhammer?

Nukedsodapop
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Somewhere
Hey other than the obvious more cone area of the JackHammer, Which one would you pick and why?

And would the SoloX actually have as much cone area as its a square?

Sorry If this has been asked before

Blake

Sorry I forgot to add a Poll, and now I cant...

definitly the JackHammer, it out peforms soloX in just about everything, even wieghs 3 times as much as solox, but it prolly costs 3 times as more. 2.5 xmax, over 300 pounds, this thing is nuts....

definitly the JackHammer, it out peforms soloX in just about everything, even wieghs 3 times as much as solox, but it prolly costs 3 times as more. 2.5 xmax, over 300 pounds, this thing is nuts....
Really? How many Jackhammers have you used?

That subwoofer is just ridiculous. I bet that it STILL won't be in celeb cars.

320 pounds..like having a sumo wrestler tucked at the back. Would need to use a steel box to support the weight..nonsensical.

And how many car audio shops have a forklift or an engine crane to maneuver this sub to position? Nevermind the average Joe trying to get his three friends to carry it into the trunk.

an actual mtx dealer quoted it to me like this, "MTX should just work on the rest of their crappy sounding products instead of introducing more ones"

i chuckled about that one

The JackHammer SuperWoofer represents excess in every way and this enormous subwoofer lives for high SPL and window shattering bass. But, the T9922 is designed for sonic quality, and high SPL, what we call SQL. JackHammers are shipped in either the SPL mode, with dual 2Ω voice coils, or as the SQL model with dual 4Ω voice coils. A replaceable cone assembly is also available, for switching between "every day" listening (SQL), and competition (SPL). Unlike traditional replacement assemblies, the MTX Audio Thunder9922 replacement assembly can be accomplished without removing the speaker from the enclosure. Fast, quick, and easy - from MTX website

They did not invent the word SQL. THe voice coil ohm resstanice does not make for SPL or SQ.

Even SPL participants would have to weigh the benefits of having to use precious airspace to brace the darn thing versus using 200 pounds more of concrete.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Nukedsodapop

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
Nukedsodapop
Somewhere
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date