solox 18 in a 4th order

Participant count
  • Participant list

nuboot
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i am gonna run 1 solox 18 in my trailblazer. right now i have it in 10cubes with an atomic 3000.1 wired at .5ohm its loud but not where i want it to be. so i am gonna try a differ box. has anyone ever heard this sub in a fourth order. i am thinking about 2.5 cubes sealed shooting into 12 cubes ported powered by a memphis 4kw. wired @ 2ohms daily and .5 for burps. electrical i got 150 amp alt. and five orange tops in the back it supports my atomic at .5 daily so it should be suffiencent for the memphis for burps. any suggestions on the build would be greatly appreciated

dont they i will be able to get them to fit but you never know i already bought two 15s i may still buy four more but i am gonna give the 18 a shot first

build the outer shell as strong as you can,,and dont go full power at first you can kill a sub quick in a bandpass //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif do you know what your gonna tune the ported chamber at?

i know when i competed i posted my highest numbers in the 55-57hz range so some where in there but i do wanna play some music so i may have to do a drop in port as well any suggestions

i'd go on termpro and check out some of the bandpass threads to give ya some idea's,honestly im just starting to mess with them too and i dont want to put ya on the wrong track. a big ported chamber makes it more peaky and efficient,but also more dangerous for the subs.Im not sure about your dual tuning idea.It works with standard ported boxes but when i tryed it with my band pass the subs allmost destroyed them selves at low power. 80 inches on here does alot of BP's maybe he will chime in.I can keep ya posted on any thing i find out:)

just curious... not doubting you or anything so dont think im trying to insult your inteligence. haha. but what kind of electrical you got going on besides the alt and 5 other batteries? i mean... basically if you only have 1 or 2 runs of power ( or ground ) from front to back you may need more.. you could just simply not have enough juice... You probably have that taken care of anyways. but if not, that might be a db problem. lol..

peep the thread in my sig.

if you need advice talk to 80 inches, and if you need it sketched up, let me know, and we can work something out.

just curious... not doubting you or anything so dont think im trying to insult your inteligence. haha. but what kind of electrical you got going on besides the alt and 5 other batteries? i mean... basically if you only have 1 or 2 runs of power ( or ground ) from front to back you may need more.. you could just simply not have enough juice... You probably have that taken care of anyways. but if not, that might be a db problem. lol..
yea i do i am gonna do a couple more runs when i get back in the next 5 weeks but thanks for the reminder i need to buy some more wire

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.