So many choices

Nickfireblazer
10+ year member

ok today is the day that I go and buy a pair of 15s to put in my dual sealed box in my explorer. Ok I have been looking into what to get for about a month now. I know theres Resonant Engineering,Adire Audio, Stereo Integrity,Elemental Designs, and more commercial names like Alpine and JL. See I could go with an RE sub but I've got to buy a pair of 15s TODAY. I dont want to order anything. Ive got to buy on the spot today. ok now Im going to a store that carries: Rockford, Audiobahn, MMAts,Alphasonik,Xplod, and a few other brands. I want to get 2 15s(dual 2 ohm) that play stupid loud on my Directed 1100d. I JUST want SPL. Somebody please help.

of the ones listed go with rockford power hx2's they will pound. if you want all out spl you should ditch that sealed box and go ported. do not buy sony, and what the hell is Alphasonik? you should really consider re or ed because you would be much happier with them then the ones you listed, or even an idmax 12? they can handle 1000 watts rms they will get pretty loud. since you have a sealed box i would recommend the ed15a but of the ones you listed i would say rockford.

he said 15..idmax is only 12 and 10 inch subwoofers.If you want loud get the Mmatts juggernaut or the Dreadnaut....
that's why i said it was a 12 in my post. just another suggestion maybe if he wanted to he could convert the box to 2 12's or 1 12

I would go MMATS my buddy had in his 2000 Neon on a MMATS class D amp, they are pretty much the same thing as a JL W3. Out of the names you gave I would definatly go with MMATS get a Juggernaut and run 2 of the big MMats Class D amps to it. Oh yeah you might need a stonger alternator & another battery. But like I always suggest if you can get Diamond audio get it!!!

just order the RE SEs...please do it. You'll most likely have them in a week...and u'll get much better performance, and you'll be getting A TON more for yuor money. plus, matched with the directed 1100d...make sure u order correct VC config. peace

NG

I would go MMATS my buddy had in his 2000 Neon on a MMATS class D amp, they are pretty much the same thing as a JL W3. Out of the names you gave I would definatly go with MMATS get a Juggernaut and run 2 of the big MMats Class D amps to it. Oh yeah you might need a stonger alternator & another battery. But like I always suggest if you can get Diamond audio get it!!!
Not even close to a W3...the sq is lousy and the spl is awsome...its in the middle for w3...

Two words.... delayed gratification.

Seriously, you are SO much better off waiting to have some good stuff delievered. Something like two 15" HCs for $300 would pound you good in a sealed box, even better in a ported box. If you JUST want SPL, incriminator audio makes some fineee SPL woofers too...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.