so is there anything else that compares to the deh-prs80

Guess ill just have to start every post with " fyi my **** is biggest" and go from there :p still its fine to argue one product is better than another but more info as to why one is better than another would bee nice. Also alpines habit of nickel and diming you for more and more money for every bit of tuning ability is ******** imo

just get the Pioneer.

just because i don't like it doesn't mean you wont.

i don't mind paying for features that are well designed and well built.

consider that the 80PRS claims to do more than what the 99REX does... but at 1/4 the price. the extra outputs aren't what are expensive. it's every aspect done correctly.

On another note. Is there a double din..like the plasma/ lcd sceen that has great tuning abilities? Seems to me that with the amount of room that a double din gives you. You could put a ton of processing power in it.
Alpine has a few double din with the TuneIt feature and good DSP. active capable? no. but i don't like most head unit crossovers anyway.

I'ver had an 80prs for close to 3 years. I really liked it until the novelty wore off. I also own a clarion cz 702 and an alpine cde hd 148 bt. The alpine is the easiest to live with on a day to day basis. This is my experience. Pioneer has dd units now with similar features to the 80prs. Starting with the 1700 and up. It is a good bit less than 300.

Alpine has a few double din with the TuneIt feature and good DSP. active capable? no. but i don't like most head unit crossovers anyway.
yeah amp crossovers are better. I've een trying to do an active setup for my friend's speakers and the tweeter range on his prs was not wide enough to get lower on his two inch soft dome tweeter. Starting to see why crossing over at the head unit is a big disadvantage when you have an amp with much better crossovers. I still enjoy the head unit running on standard mode rather than the active network mode.

yeah amp crossovers are better. I've een trying to do an active setup for my friend's speakers and the tweeter range on his prs was not wide enough to get lower on his two inch soft dome tweeter. Starting to see why crossing over at the head unit is a big disadvantage when you have an amp with much better crossovers. I still enjoy the head unit running on standard mode rather than the active network mode.
Now when you say better crossovers in the amp. do you mean the crossover slope availability. As in an amp with 24 db slope? Mine has a 12db slope and ive been running it off that.

or do you mean that actual hardware that makes the slope happen, the resistors or whatnot.

Now when you say better crossovers in the amp. do you mean the crossover slope availability. As in an amp with 24 db slope? Mine has a 12db slope and ive been running it off that.
or do you mean that actual hardware that makes the slope happen, the resistors or whatnot.
crossover points on the prs are limited vs an amp that can cross tweets lower than the 80 prs.

My tweets sound far better when they are crossed higher. So theres that... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I ran mine in standard mode but I had a 3 way and my amps had 24 or 12db slopes. The 80 has more slope options than amps do. You shouldn't have to cross tweeters under 3.5k anyway.

I ran mine in standard mode but I had a 3 way and my amps had 24 or 12db slopes. The 80 has more slope options than amps do. You shouldn't have to cross tweeters under 3.5k anyway.
I love how the unit operates in standard mode more. thats normal for 1 inch tweets but bigger tweets like the CDT ES02 can go down to 1k easily and yeah amp slopes are limited but you can just adjust gains instead.

On another note. Is there a double din..like the plasma/ lcd sceen that has great tuning abilities? Seems to me that with the amount of room that a double din gives you. You could put a ton of processing power in it.
Pioneer came out with a line of double dins that does everything the PRS80 does (I believe). I have the Pioneer AVH-P3700BHS on the way. I won't install it for a couple weeks but would be happy to give a nice review when I get it installed and all tuned up. Will be running it active, using the T/A, BT, USB, back up camera, and pretty much everything it offers will be used.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.