Do you all do anything for power/ground wire ends?

I have my power and ground cables mounted pretty taut, there's really no slack. I don't want to pull the power and ground cables out of their mounting screws because then you fray a wire, and may lose a strand or two each time. Might be harder to get back in. I just don't want to pull em out and keep tightening the set screw on em. What other options are there? I know at one point, I tightened a wire with a zip tie and soldered it just enough at the tip.
Could I just use a gauge reducer? Is there some other way so that if I pull it a few times, I don't need to either cut it clean to have a good connection?

Always terminate my ends, if not lugs they go in input adapters. I also have my power and grounds running from dual amp inputs to a 2/0(350A) connector (commonly fork lift battery connector) to lugs connected to power and ground distribution. I just got some of those new set screw lugs from ill to try out. I like having the ability to take it off and the wire be used elsewhere and if a lug end is not needed. I also use adhesive lined heat shrink and all wires I try to have plenty of slack and/or secured in a way that if anything tugs on it the pressure is not on the end(P clamps, insulated clamps, AN clamps or zip ties)

That's all in installs I do though. My s..t is crude as f..k! 😂🤣😂🤣 besides the forklift connectors, that's only in mine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...