So I just ordered 4 of these...

a local pawn shop has a DD 12" with a CRAZY looking motor on it. It looks like a focal magnet with those little stacks of magnets surrounding the coil only like 4x beefier
Are you sure thats a dd? Looks like a dc neo motor.
Indeed. DC and I've seen a couple other prototypes with that design. Possibly just DD softparts and frame?

it was a while back when i saw it and im pretty sure i looked at the back of the woofer too, but i have nothing better to do on lunch, so ill hit the place up again. im pretty sure they still have it

they also have a focal utopia 13", hertz 10", dayton 12" and a few other gems. Its the sleaziest looking place on the outside, but they always have some good home and car gear. musical instruments too

thats their asking price. i got an amp listed at $300 and an amp listed at $150 for a total of $300 from them, so they will move a fair amount on certain things
im sure it could be had for 225
Omg jump on that shiz lol

The pawn shops around here have overpriced junk thats been beat up and neglected.

Omg jump on that shiz lol
The pawn shops around here have overpriced junk thats been beat up and neglected.
i go to this place on my lunches quite often and i was there the day they got the Focal and Dayton. This shop gets a really decent supply of random good stuff. They even have an arc audio amp lol

Fk it. I just ordered 2 - 8's from walmart--- 28.00 total.

in store pick-up.

.....hmmmm wonder if i can get them in the doors??????????????? lol

I’ve spread the crazy 8 craze! Found a sealed quad 8 box on on letgo for $5 waiting on reply might use that to hear them/break them in and maybe build a death box 4th order!!

I used to run a pair of Image Dynamics ID8's in a 1.4cu box tuned to 32Hz on about 700-800wrms @2 ohms. They were probably my favorite setup so far. They didnt take up much space and were just as loud as a DC Level 4 15" on the same amp at 1 ohm.

image_zpsu1iywrgp.jpg'%20alt='image_zpsu1iywrgp.jpg'>

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
MattinMO
St.louis, MO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from