So I just ordered 4 of these...

image_zpsu1iywrgp.jpg'%20alt='image_zpsu1iywrgp.jpg'>
Which model are those!?

The German and American made Blaupunkt were pretty nice but like most the other good brands they’ve been bought out ..the new Chinese stuff is crap about like Boss now days
I think Blaupunkt was factory for Porsche back in the day.. Replaced front door speakers on a 944 the had 2 way odd size "liquid cooled" tweeters. Whatever that ment.. For 88 it was a good sounding factory system.
Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

I think Blaupunkt was factory for Porsche back in the day.. Replaced front door speakers on a 944 the had 2 way odd size "liquid cooled" tweeters. Whatever that ment.. For 88 it was a good sounding factory system.
Blaupunkt has been used in a number of Vhicles especially the Porsche’s ..which I currently have 5 vintage Porsche’s ..the liquid cooling was most likely ferrofluid used to cool tweeters which was fairly new at the time

Blaupunkt has been used in a number of Vhicles especially the Porsche’s ..which I currently have 5 vintage Porsche’s ..the liquid cooling was most likely ferrofluid used to cool tweeters which was fairly new at the time
Your absolutely correct.. The owner of the car was more impressed with the engineering of the speaker then the sound.. Fact; Dam German's no how to build stuff... Lol

Your absolutely correct.. The owner of the car was more impressed with the engineering of the speaker then the sound.. Fact; Dam German's no how to build stuff... Lol
The Bosch VX series Blaupunkts were their best ...the mids had 3” vcs at the time ..they looked and sounded fantastic ..they had really high end amps ..this was in the mid 90s..I’m running one of the 4 chs in my Mercedes CLK right now

yep, liquid cooling on tweeters was done with ferrofluid, it was all the rage back in the day

Tried and true Walmart order...1st one opened damaged... the push terminals were bent in but I bent them back then I see the lip of the basket all bent up. Still 3 more to look at.

2 out of 4 bent both were in the same box. Yeah def too a good fall it’s actually not that thin of metal so getting back to flat is gonna be a bit of a chore. They were in what would be the same kind of box some 6 1/2s would be in just cardboard no foam.

I think id try to put the bent ones in a box and just try to screw them down with a nice coarse threaded screw and see if the baskets could be straightened out that way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
MattinMO
St.louis, MO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from