so confused smd distortion detector?

i didn't read it all but everyone does know that steve didn't design it right? he just put his name on it. it was designed by someone else
I think anyone who watched his instructional video pretty much figured that out. He had his 'these guys designed it' statues, present and accounted for.

who care, if it works, it works if not then move on to the next product
or we could try to figure out how it works becuase its more interesting and maybe we can figure out if the device is overpriced. youre happy with it just works? you have no need or want to know why or how it works?

There seems to be a lot of questions and bad info about the DD-1 in here. If I can answer any of your questions please let me know. I designed it.

Tony D'Amore

CEO

D'Amore Engineering

There seems to be a lot of questions and bad info about the DD-1 in here. If I can answer any of your questions please let me know. I designed it.
Tony D'Amore

CEO

D'Amore Engineering

I just need the basics.

1. What exactly is it measuring? Freq, harmonics, clipped signals?

2. Someone said it measures at 2 different frequencies....if so, which are they, and why are those one picked vs other frequencies?

3. How does it work with no load attached on the amp?

4. Why is it better than an o-scope? Can it do amps, processors, and decks?

Any additional info you can provide us with that would create an informed decision about your product would be great.

Thanks for coming here!!!

tony,

thanks for joining up bro...

i think it would help alot if you start a new post, most likely in the electrical tech section, for those who have questions.... that way they dont have to ween through 5 pages of hate to get info.

great work on the dd-1 btw

tony,
thanks for joining up bro...

i think it would help alot if you start a new post, most likely in the electrical tech section, for those who have questions.... that way they dont have to ween through 5 pages of hate to get info.

great work on the dd-1 btw

I agree. Its cool to have the person that actually designed it to ask the question to.

Chemmins posted some pretty good questions about the device.

Maybe we can keep all the bs out so we can actually for once have a good discussion on a new product in the car audio world.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.