so confused smd distortion detector?

Oscope depends on if you calibrate it correctly.

I tried to look at SMD website and twice it froze my browser.

There has to be a catch to this distortion detector. I mean, Engineers use O-scopes all the time. DUH, WTF makes them all wrong??? THis detector is not fool proof. There is definately something sketchy about it. Distortion.... Well, scope your decks RCA preouts and fine out what volume you clip at. I have an old school pioneer. it doesnt clip at all at full tilt with everything set to flat.... That doesnt mean I cant make it clip by maxing out all my settings. Using discreation goes a long way. If I am going to play with settings, I restrict the magantude. My amps are set with the scope. I dont think this distortion detector can give you all those facts that you need to properly set your system settings....

Oscope depends on if you calibrate it correctly.
I tried to look at SMD website and twice it froze my browser.

There has to be a catch to this distortion detector. I mean, Engineers use O-scopes all the time. DUH, WTF makes them all wrong??? THis detector is not fool proof. There is definately something sketchy about it. Distortion.... Well, scope your decks RCA preouts and fine out what volume you clip at. I have an old school pioneer. it doesnt clip at all at full tilt with everything set to flat.... That doesnt mean I cant make it clip by maxing out all my settings. Using discreation goes a long way. If I am going to play with settings, I restrict the magantude. My amps are set with the scope. I dont think this distortion detector can give you all those facts that you need to properly set your system settings....
SMD Distortion Detector DD-1 - SMD Distortion Detector

img_1926.jpg

Keep hatin', its just more advertising for him. . . . . . .because for some reason I don't see this thread being informative. Hate wagon is gonna be full on this round.

Keep hatin', its just more advertising for him. . . . . . .because for some reason I don't see this thread being informative. Hate wagon is gonna be full on this round.
There is a difference between HATE and being skeptical. Personally, I just dont g ive a ****. I have no hate towards steve. I have friends that are buddies with the guy and I figure if they are cool, then we are cool. Same with SSA and a few others.. Its not hate.

yeah theres no hate going on here. whats wrong with a little joking around?Pyro_By_Nature maybe you might care to make this thread informative instead of being over protective? how does the distortion detector work? is ita simple multimeter of sorts? is it just a guitar tuner with probes? did he some how make an oscope that is stupid proof? why hasnt anyone done this before? im pretty sure theres nothing wrong with being a skeptical buyer. sounds like your just a tad bit oversensitive this morning.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.