Smell??

Looks like you figured out sum of your problems and why ur sub is getting stinky... High gains + bass boost = magic smoke coming out of ports.

Read the gain setting tutorial and go from there w/ re-setting your amp up.

lol, bass boost on amp + bass boost on HU + random gain setting = good times
what about less than 1/4th a turn of bass boost on the amp + 1 click of bass boost on the HU + proper gain settings with a 0db tone and not a -3db tone.... what does that equal out to....serious question by the way....

what about less than 1/4th a turn of bass boost on the amp + 1 click of bass boost on the HU + proper gain settings with a 0db tone and not a -3db tone.... what does that equal out to....serious question by the way....
lol.... turn that bass boost crap off man. You going to kill the coils and most likely your amp later on. Always set you gains correctly and turn the bass boost to 0db.

Im using a SAE-1200D which Im sure is way more than enough power for these things...and I dont know how to set the gains anybetter than I did...I turned it up till I saw 35 volts reading on the DMM and stoped and replugged my subwoofers up...turned it up to the max I got the gains set at and it barely bumped...my mirrors werent even vibrating....

shouldnt be as when I installed the subs in the box I triple checked the connections to make sure they were on the right side. Also it doesnt sound like Im hearing cancelation because the bass is deep..it just isnt loud...subs barely move.

shouldnt be as when I installed the subs in the box I triple checked the connections to make sure they were on the right side. Also it doesnt sound like Im hearing cancelation because the bass is deep..it just isnt loud...subs barely move.
You sure your subs are wired to 1 ohm? I'm just asking.

And what car?

You sure your subs are wired to 1 ohm? I'm just asking.
And what car?
95 pontiac grand am and Im most positive as I remember changing them from 4 ohms to 1 ohm while they were on the gs designs amp and they did get louder. Havent touched the configuration since just moved them from one box to another. They do get seriously loud though when I have this bass boost configuration and they get slightly warm but with it off they do not get loud and the subs dont even get warm and this is after setting with DMM. Ive turned the bass boost completely off on the Headunit but I turned the output up on the low pass filter to get somewhat similar results.

Does increasing the output act as a voltage increase for the RCAs??? This is on my pioneer head unit and it has a range from 125hz and lower but it has a +6 -24 range to set it from also on the sub output....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.