Small car wants big spl

red08yaris
10+ year member

Ok so I have a Toyota Yaris hatchback. Right now I have a 12" L7 in a ported box with a no name amp. I'm gonna sell that setup and I was wondering if 3 10's or 4 8's would be better. Looking at dd, tc sounds, sundown, etc. I just like the 8's because of size and price. I'm gonna run them off a brutus 1600. Would it be louder than the L7? Never had any competition subs before. Give any advice also. What should I do? I'm gonna do the box myself so sealed or ported? Thanks

by brutus 1600 do you mean the bxi1600? i would get an audiopipe 1500 instead. does rated power, that BXI won't do what it says it does.

i have 2 DD 8's in a ported box and they get damn loud for the size. my vote for the DD's is in lol

Not hard to get loud in a hatchback. I've got an 18" BTL and a Sundown SAZ-2500D in mine and it gets a lil loud //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I vote DD as well on this one.

And yes, a hatch is not hard to get to produce an over all "loud" level of bass.

If your on a budget you can look into Audioque as well.

by brutus 1600 do you mean the bxi1600? i would get an audiopipe 1500 instead. does rated power, that BXI won't do what it says it does.
i have 2 DD 8's in a ported box and they get damn loud for the size. my vote for the DD's is in lol
Also I like how you tell him his choice in budget amps crap then just recommend another budget amp...What proof do you have that the amp he chose won't do rated my power? My guess is only because you heard someone else say that on here. Don't repeat unsubstantiated info brah, unless you've got numbers to back it up.

Also I like how you tell him his choice in budget amps crap then just recommend another budget amp...What proof do you have that the amp he chose won't do rated my power? My guess is only because you heard someone else say that on here. Don't repeat unsubstantiated info brah, unless you've got numbers to back it up.
you mad bro?

there's a thread here that states the Bxi's don't do rated power, however, the hifonics BRZ line does. there's also a thread where the AP's were clamped and did rated power. albeit not super clean, but rated power nontheless.

if he wants to run a budget amp i gave him a recommendation for one that actually does rated power..

Yeah it's a little easier to get in a hatch. I've had 2 L7 15's in a civic hatch with a 4000 ma audio amp. In my yaris I don't have as much space to work with that's how come I was going with the 8's or 10's. Never owned DD stuff before all I know from what I've seen at comps is that they are worth the money. On yarisworld.com there is a guy that had 2 8's and got 151 db on a termlab. Would I get in the mid to upper 140's with 3 10's or 4 8's?

you mad bro?
there's a thread here that states the Bxi's don't do rated power, however, the hifonics BRZ line does. there's also a thread where the AP's were clamped and did rated power. albeit not super clean, but rated power nontheless.

if he wants to run a budget amp i gave him a recommendation for one that actually does rated power..
Which is exactly what I just said...no numbers to back it up. I'm not mad, I just don't like it when people just spread nonsense about what amps "do rated" and what ones don't without any proof whatsoever. I'm aware of the test results on the audiopipe amp, I wasn't contesting that.

I'm doing a large toyota hatchback build in the buildlogs section, check it out if you have time. +1 for hatchbacks!

Yeah it's a little easier to get in a hatch. I've had 2 L7 15's in a civic hatch with a 4000 ma audio amp. In my yaris I don't have as much space to work with that's how come I was going with the 8's or 10's. Never owned DD stuff before all I know from what I've seen at comps is that they are worth the money. On yarisworld.com there is a guy that had 2 8's and got 151 db on a termlab. Would I get in the mid to upper 140's with 3 10's or 4 8's?
There is much more to a setup then just amps and subs to produce decent sound and numbers. The enclosure is a huge factor as is the electrical to keep it all running up to par.

And I would add to that how the vehicle is deadened as well. I vote DD as well. I love my 1508. I only have one but its loud enough for me....maybe I am getting old.

I'm aware of the different box types and electrical. I'm gonna run a kinetic battery and 0 gauge wire. My original concern was to either go with 3 10's or 4 8's. Has anyone seen any numbers that 8's or 10's are capable of? Also on the dd 8" what would you compare that to as far as kicker, rockford, etc. About how loud are they?

Jacob did some testing with the SA-8 and got it up to 151.x i believe. I don't know how high the DD 8's can go as far as numbers, but there are plenty of vids on youtube of people flexing their SUV's with 2 of them lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.